Ford have done something terrible - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 03:13   #1 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

Ford have done something terrible

I just realised that with the release of the XR6 Turbo that in ten years time the streets are going to be filled with morons driving these cars, just like todays situation of morons driving VL turbos and crap like that. The XR6 turbo is good because of its speed and price but I think they should have made it a more limited FPV car with a more luxury orientation and a higher price, and Ford should have have done a naturally asprirated XR6 that is still quick. Fords have always been successful with tough level headed cars, like the E series XR's which were around during Ford's brighter days. Now if Ford starts to win the bang for your bucks category we will have lots of people who would normally be driving WRX's and the sorts driving around in XR6's with bonnet bulges and neons and huge GT spoilers and junk like that. I just think Ford has taken the wrong direction here with the Turbo...Anyone else think this too?

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2003, 03:24   #2 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Maybe but Ford carn't aford to hold back because of what may or may not happen in the future,there will be just as much idiot's driving around in HSV's in 15 year's aswell,they too will be a bang for your buck buy,let's hope we learn to teach or youth how to drive and not just let them through as they seem too today.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:25   #3 (permalink)
You can do eeeit!

It all boils down to who the trendsetters are and the like. Atm, with Hollywood and The Fast & the Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious, I doubt it.

And if they did, there are plenty of Falcon owners here that would set their record straight.

The Falcon will always be respected for what it is and what it has been. It'll take a huge amount of cultural change for neons, bonnet bulges etc to appear, or if they'll appear at all.

3FB - The Official Site for cruising, eating and talking shite click here.

Member of the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

3FB Mesh Bandit #2: 2002 AUIII XR6 HP _Oo===oO_
Dark_Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:26   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I think you are getting excited about nothing. Not all of the VL T drivers are morons... just a lot are. There are plenty of dedicated hard core car enthusiasts as well as the Doof Doof(tm) brigade
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:27   #5 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

This was all triggered because I was talking to some people about cars and they all said they liked the WRX's and 200SX and all that turbo stuff, but then they said that they liked the new Fords because of the turbo. I suppose I good sign is that there will be less Jap crap out there

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:28   #6 (permalink)
AUIIIXR6VCT

I think the Turbo was one of the highlights of the BA, and if i had the choice of any BA it would be the one that I picked.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:28   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I like your faith in human nature Dark_Horse but I fear it is misplaced.
I'm tipping that the streets will be full of the bloody things - assuming that we still have hydrocarbon based fuels or haven't manged to blow ourselves off this planet by then.
Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:32   #8 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by russellw
...assuming that we still have hydrocarbon based fuels or haven't manged to blow ourselves off this planet by then.
Too true Rusty - wonder if it'll even be possible for me to drive a V8 when I'm 30?
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:37   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

do you think this will lower resale levels and raise insurance prices too 4-5 years down the track???

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:52   #10 (permalink)

What's more scary is will they drive them with the seat reclined so far back they will have to look out the passenger window to check out the side view.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub