Ford, market leader in two years? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: will Ford be market leader?
yes, in 2 years 26 29.55%
yes, in 4 years 11 12.50%
maybe if they improve their marketing 36 40.91%
no, 61sg is dreaming 15 17.05%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2003, 18:40   #1 (permalink)

Ford, market leader in two years?

Well things are finally looking up in the Ford camp with the new Falcon and with the Territory due to go on sale in 2004,the Fiesta on the way not to mention Fairlane,XR8 and FPV range joining the rest of the Falcon range it looks like Ford will finally have a full lineup again.

I feel we might finally have the products and range to seriously take on Holden and Toyota all thats needed is for Ford to market them and not just loose interest and drop them in two years.

so can Ford do it and if so when?
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2003, 19:18   #2 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

I don't think they will ever be market leader in the near future, not for a while yet. Toyota has cars ranging from the smallest to the largest. Hopefully Ford can cut into Holden and come in second, but again, they have a bigger range than Ford, from the Barina all the way to the Rodeo. I wonder if we listed every car from every maker, who would have the most? And in the end, if you don't have the marketing in place, nobody will buy your product!
Old 02-27-2003, 19:37   #3 (permalink)

Ford will have five 4wd on the market when the territory is released:
Courier
Escape
Explorer
F-series
Territory
yet will still dont have a direct competitor for lancruiser/patrol? still it would be a bit like avalon trying to take on falcon and commodore
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 20:03   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

There's more to selling cars than having a huge product line-up guys. From the customer focused approach Ford have undertaken in building their line-up, I would expect to see Ford doing very well in the future.
Old 02-27-2003, 20:07   #5 (permalink)
XD V8 Owner

I reakon 2 years should see a turnaround or maybe less, as it turned out ford brings out the winner while holden a losser in the looks & design department.

i reakon if they can pick up the act on the race track, sales will boost more.

Track wins = sales

Pics here: http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...00/ppuser/7796

Ford Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 20:21   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Got buckleys until someone sorts out their dealer network. Just finished reading two large threads on aus.cars about crappy dealer service scaring away potential buyers.
Old 02-27-2003, 20:26   #7 (permalink)

I think it will take a bit longer than a couple years, people - for a couple of reasons...

Holden have greater production capacity than do ford, meaning BA will probably never outsell VY. A hard pill to swallow, I know...

Focus is at the end of its lifespan. Great chassis, but dont think it will ever outsell corolla or astra (at least until new model arrives)

These two segments are Ford and Holden's biggest selling segments, while Toyota has a vehicle in the top two or three in most segments, and with this being the case I don't see them being number 1 again for at least 3 - 4 years.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 20:27   #8 (permalink)
pR()rN_*

I think Ford can do it.
They've been infront before and have incredible brand reconision.
Everyone knows of Ford and the second they make good cars people will be lining up.
Most loyal Falcon buyers brought back after the Au will want a little ford for the missus and the focus and fiesta are sexy little cars.
Old 02-27-2003, 21:38   #9 (permalink)
Australian Probe Member

Won't happen due to capacity issues with the Falcon versus Crummidore & the advantage of Export Credits that Holden has allowing better pricing on Barina vs Fiesta & Astra vs Focus. Also we have no Vectra competitor.
Toyota are too well placed in the 'commercial' market but that will hopefully begin to change!
Old 02-27-2003, 21:58   #10 (permalink)
Cleveland Powered

Ford's best hope will be when the next generation Commodore comes out. We need that to be as ugly as possible to regain the ground we lost with the AU :)

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub