Ford is not the better value? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16   #1 (permalink)

Ford is not the better value?

Ok folks, I was looking around at opinions for the best value and kind of surprised to see that the voters over on this list of the best car values selected Hondas as the best. Am I so partial towards Ford that my opinion of the best value is skewed or do we need to get involved and vote up our Fords? Am I taking crazy pills?
JessicaMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 11:22   #2 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage
Re: Ford is not the better value?

It does not surprise me that they say Honda is the best value. I hate Honda's, but I have to say they are nice running cars that are for the most part, low maintenance.

But Ford has come a long ways, not only are they the only company that didn't need a bail out, but the technology in there cars such as the Ford focus, have greatly improved over the years.

This is always a hard decision picking a car, but I know that I'll probably stay with Ford for a long time. Yea some stuff breaks, and some stuff is harder to change then others, but I'd generally have to say Fords are easy to work on.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:02   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

Hondas are usually bullet proof and go forever with superb engines etc .Saying that , my friend up the road bought a new Honda Civic and said it was the worse g/box he ever had in any car , clonky and terrible changes . When I checked up on it , it seemed to be a common complaint and despite different software updates he got fed up with it and reverted back to Ford . The bigger Honda nsx is a superb car . Get a road test on different cars before you decide .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:13   #4 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
Hondas are usually bullet proof and go forever with superb engines etc .
That is so true, my buddy had a 98 Honda civic, 2 door, and he had the #2 cylinder punch right through the front of the block, but he was still able to fire it up and drive 5 miles to his house.

I find that a lot of my friends with Honda's from 1990 to 2003 have some engine problems, and trans problems, but it's hard to say anything about it..... Because you can never tell how a person takes care of a car.

But I do have to say, the newer Honda's are very nice, and my friend with the 09 Honda civic 2 door has had no problems yet, and he has had it for about 29,000 miles.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub