Ford powered Chevrolet Monza update. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 03:15   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Lightbulb Ford powered Chevrolet Monza update.

Greetings gents! As you may or may not know, I have been hard at work on my little blue Chevrolet Monza Towne Coupe and curing it from its GM disease by installing a 2300cc bundled to a C3 automatic which both came from a rolled 1977 Pinto with surprising low mileage.

Now with that said, here is my latest on the car project. Since I've turned 20 on Friday, Dec. 13, I hadn't got anything done for this past week except on Saturday when I gave the stock radiator and the mud and dirt filled engine compartment a well deserved cleaning. Now what is next is the C3 and the Ford 2300 will receive a cleaning up as well. Now while matters such as carburetor connection is no issue at all due to the original engine used an exact same carburetor as the Pinto 2300, issues will have to be addressed such as engine positioning and torque arm mounting being one of the largest concerns of this project. I wish I could provide more details but I'm too tired to think and I'll share more if there is more to say once I'm well rested and able to put thought into explanation.

Have a good day and you can sleep knowing that a GM H-Body will be sparred from that tacky, overdone-to-death V8 Chevy engine swaps.
DaveFordMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 11:38   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Ford powered Chevrolet Monza update.

Good stuff Dave. Your like a surgeon curing a disease
Old 12-24-2013, 03:24   #3 (permalink)

Garage

I think this rare, notch back, coupe version of the Monza should be left a 4 cylinder car as it is in amazing shape for any GM I've ever encountered. Door and trunk locks lock/unlock like new, All seats except the driver's has no tearing and staining, Amazingly little rust and only a small dent or two blemish this next to 100% straight car. Only defects to be spotted is the visors do not exist and cardboard headliner is warped and too far gone to do anything about, the plastic furnishings basically dissolve if you look at it funny, no more driver's arm rest, and no carpet exists. And more than half of those is because of the "superior quality" GM products are known to have.

Speaking of "superior", a great tip for those who are willing to mess with GM H-bodies is this: expect to be using parts from any GM product of the similar time period when working on these cars, no body exactly repops many parts for this car anymore. Thanks GM!

Possibly later, I will make a new update post about this project. But for a summarization of the progress is this, the engine and trans is only a step away from being ready for fitting. Have a great Christmas Eve and Happy Holidays everyone!
DaveFordMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:43   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Making good progress . Have a great Christmas and enjoy the break .
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:51   #5 (permalink)

And I thought that trying to solve my son's 88 K1500 plow/yard truck problem was a lot of work. TBI won't send message to fuel pump still not solved. Quite an undertaking young man!
samgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub