Ford Powered Chevys... what? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 09:15   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Lightbulb Ford Powered Chevys... what?

Hello again everyone! I'm here to share again that I'm going to be installing a Ford Pinto 2300cc into a Chevrolet Monza Coupe. What, you thought I would do a GM engine? Don't be ludicrous! GM engines are for steel hauls or Craigslist! This car will be possibly the first Ford 2300 powered GM able to be street legal, let alone the first GM to be converted to a different make of 4 cylinder. This will be possibly the second GM to be powered by a Ford engine as me and my father put a Ford 302 V8 into a 73 Vega and it fitted like it was made to have a Ford be put into it. So anyhow, enjoy this news while I continue work on that blue Monza and doesn't that white Ford powered 73 Vega look so unsuspecting? Ahahahaha! And yes, it's getting close to extract the GM 4 cylinder and TurboCrap and install a more fitting engine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HNI_0050.JPG (67.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg HNI_0041.JPG (78.4 KB, 2 views)
DaveFordMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 13:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Ford Powered Chevys... what?

Still can't find the corvette one but did find this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p3PsmfI3I8
F150Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 16:29   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Re: Ford Powered Chevys... what?

He did it with my preferred body style of GM truck too. Great find! Only way I could drive a GM product is the running gear has to be Ford. That truck actually was improved by the Ford engine!

As for my Monto (Pinto running gear+Monza body), got that GM 2300 & Turdbo 200 removed and am now stripping the remains of the rolled over Pinto of the wiring harness and engine/trans. I got the touch and the power to better that GM product with Ford parts from an ill fated car that will live on to better another car destined for a steel haul or for a Bowtie to put another worthless powerplant into it while hacking it up in all ways possible. I'm happy with keeping this car a 4 banger and the only thing I would change that I havent already is make it a manual but I'll save that for some other GM H-Body to get it. I really hope to get a super strong, racing grade 2500cc and update it with a DOHC 16V Volvo head and put that engine in a Cosworth Vega!

Here's the article of the Volvo 16V head swap if you're curious about that.
MerkurTech.com
DaveFordMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub