FORD PROBLEMS cerritos ford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2004, 12:36   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down FORD PROBLEMS cerritos ford

i am having an oil consumption problem with my ford expedition. i am looking for some advice on how to get this thing fixed. if anyone knows anyone in the ford corperation that can help me, please let me know.
i have had my expedition in the service center at CERRITOS FORD [with lousy results]. this thing is consuming over a quart in 1000 miles... and sometimes more. they are telling me that this is normal oil consumption fora 2000 expedition with 75,000 miles on it. that is ridiculous! by the time it got back in for its routine oil change, which is suggested by ford at every 5000 miles.. this junk would be just about empty!
the CERRITOS FORD dealership has set me up on this testing pattern to wear down my warranty. i paid a fortune for the ford extended service plan which expires at 75000 miles.. i began having this problem at about 68,000 miles. they have been "testing" this junk until i am now at 74,000 miles. they now say they will not repair the engine!
i have called the ford hotline and they put the responsibility on the dealership.
who the hell can authorize a repair on this thing?!!!
the manager at CERRITOS FORD actually had the gull to tell me if i am concerned about the consumption to just sell the truck.
HELP!
nailer341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2004, 14:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: FORD PROBLEMS cerritos ford

Maybe look for one of those after market Fuel Savers, i faintly remember Possum Bourne over here endorsing one, but I'm am sure there are alot of these things
Ambrose_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 18:15   #3 (permalink)

He said oil consumption. not fuel consumption problems

http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...&threadid=8747

This is linked from a site detailing GMs piston slap problems. But Ford also had some problems with some V8s. It details the problem a bit, but points to the issue being fixed by 2000 and models 97-99 getting rebuilt or new motors.

It also mentions the oil filter could be an issue - but as it is serviced at a dealer you'd expect it to be done by the book

Then again, it might not be related to this problem at all

Last edited by pauljh74; 02-13-2004 at 18:28.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 14:33   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Nailer:
The thing is that the dealer is the one responsible for lobbying on your behalf for the warranty fix. You need to work WITH them.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub