Ford Racing Seat Covers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2002, 20:01   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Ford Racing Seat Covers

I'm after Ford Racing seat covers (as the title says) and I can't seem to locate any anywhere!

I don't want to ruin the original seats in my XR, but i want something that compliments the car well. Does anyone have any ideas or know where I can get such covers for my seats, or what does everyone else do?
AcIlLaTeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2002, 21:45   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Had same prob a few years back! Ended up getting
sheep skin covers,the trouble is it takes away the support
of the seats.the generic brands are sh1T sports type seats..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 22:46   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I was given some custom made seat covers for my car.

They have protected the seats well, but I recently I have been taking them off, and putting them on a lot, that I broke the elastic on one of the front covers . :-(
Old 04-01-2002, 23:37   #4 (permalink)
cazzi_miei

Tongue

hello hell there...

the covers you're looking for sound very good... interested to know if they exists...

what ive always done on my cars.. and recently continued the fine tradition on my xr8 ute.. :D is put two oversized dark blue beach towels to good use... hehehe

i know it sounds daggy.. and it looks it as well... but that way i can rip em out and wash them with ease everytime i get mud and stuff on them... if ya get spongy ones.. they seem to adhere to the seats without using ties or elastics... just tuck em in wherever you can...

cheers...

laterzzz
Old 04-02-2002, 03:44   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Thanks everyone for replying...

Kelli - With your seat covers, were they custom made Ford badged ones, or were they just plain? I'm thinking of getting proper black durable ones, and then patching on the Ford Racing logo to each of them, but I'm not even sure if this would look any good.

I'm just really amazed that there haven't been any companies making anything that would suit this market, as a lot of people can't afford proper Momo seats or the like, and it's something I'm sure a lot of people would buy, as opposed to cheap ones, or those Snap On seat covers.

Hmmm, okay, i've had my whinge for today - that and the front right headlight decided to go out tonight - argh!
AcIlLaTeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 19:45   #6 (permalink)

I've got Snap-On ones in my car, not by choice really as they were the only throw over seat covers I could find. They are just a nylon thing and the colour comes out when you wash them. From memory they were around $50 ea, not good value IMO.

I have sheepskin covers (no I'm not a Kiwi... ) that I normally have on the seats, but as I work at a wrecker on the weekend I get covered in grease and crap so I throw on the Snap-On covers just to get home.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 20:16   #7 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

The VIP Pet Foods racing Team (Maclean) have similar covers to the Snap-on throw overs, check the merch stands at your next local V8 Supercar round.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub