Ford Rejects Laminges Warranty Claim!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2001, 02:58   #1 (permalink)
gone

mad Ford Rejects Laminges Warranty Claim!!

Well All

You must recal my little effort down in Tasi re clutch and gear box, well Finanlly got my answer, after 2 friggen months!!!

I think thats what pissed me off the most, the fact that I HAD to keep ringing the guy at Ford Customer Relations, even though he promissed 5 times to ring me back!

Well the story is, Ford where unable to make a decission on the the the gear box, that took em 6 weeks to decide!!:fmad:

They sent the box upto BDR who advised that due to modifications to the engine, mainly the blower what did I expect!!

I expected a lot more than the crap I have been delt with from customer relations...

Yes I did expect a question to be raised re the claim, i expected they wanted to know what mods had been made and by whom, I was never questioned re this and i gather they drew their own conclusions,

I am still fumming:cussing: but I think I will calm down a bit before deciding if I should take it further.

Any thoughts guys, either way
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2001, 03:23   #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the reasult you wanted. Not return calls and being run round seems to ring a bell for me too

Guess what they say is not unexpected, but something that has not been factored into the decision is the nature of the cars conversion and the value as an image builder for Ford. From the looks of things Gary's car represents where Ford want to go in a few years right now. It has looks and power and an owner that puts himself out to promote this image to anyone who requests it.

I am not saying the decision was wrong, you mod a car that voids the warranty. But the work was done by people that carry a strong link to Ford.
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:24   #3 (permalink)
The Third Power

They way that we deal with this issue is to build a good relationship with a service manager (sometimes all they want is to have a drive).

Do you pick up any warranty with your aftermarket tuner ?
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 07:32   #4 (permalink)

I missed the start of the saga but what I gather has happened is that you suffered a clutch and transmission failure AFTER fitment of an aftermarket supercharger. While I don't know the exact policy re Ford warranty I'll bet it is like everyone elses in that that type of modification will render the warranty void on the drivetrain and in some cases,Holden, the entire car. The dealer would have know this and should have told you straight up of the fact. The fact that they didn't and then treated you the way they did is very unfortunate. Basicly I'm saying that I 'm not suprised the claim was rejected, I would have rejected it at the start if it was a Holden following Holden policy, but I think the customer support was lacking in this matter. As an aside be aware that useing your can on a race track can also void the warranty. It really does go to show you have to be very careful when you 'develope' new cars to suit your self. I would however request a review on the claim involving the guys who did the conversion. It is not unheard of for rejected claims like this to be honored when all the facts are tabled, done a few my self!
Old 06-02-2001, 20:57   #5 (permalink)
gone

I am going to ask for a paper trail from Ford and BDR as I am unhappy with their lack of support!

Yes I agree that any mods viod warranty but in this case the dealer knew of the mods being done as they assisted in the shipment of the car, of course they DID NOT MENTION anything about warranty.

I really am highlighting this in the forum cause I am so upset in the manner I have been treated after being the 1st to fly the AU2 flag for the car being modified upto the 300+kw plus range.

Keep the sugestions comming!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 21:33   #6 (permalink)

"I really am highlighting this in the forum cause I am so upset in the manner I have been treated after being the 1st to fly the AU2 flag for the car being modified upto the 300+kw plus range. "

The fact that the car was shipped to Herrod from the dealer from new should count for something. If Herrod are modding the car in a manner that does not fit Fords warrant concerns then there is something wrong. There are many people out there that want a Ford with HSV power levels. Herrod fill that role. In deed Herrod do seem to be gaining support from Ford in that the sony Xplode was prepared by Herrod. The conversion has to be able to do the job in all aspects not just a few. If Herrod are claiming the box and cluch are good enough to carry the power improvements they make then there is something wrong somewhere!
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 21:53   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote: " I really am highlighting this in the forum cause I am so upset in the manner I have been treated after being the 1st to fly the AU2 flag for the car being modified upto the 300+kw plus range."

Yeah they should ecourage company's like Herrod and people like your self that promote high powered Falcons. Afterall Herrod is a reputable company not a back yard job.
I guess the thing is they should have warned you prior to this that it wasn't covered, insead of taking 2 months to reply.
So did ford give you a new gear box and the payment was pending on this investigation???

Also did herrod say that this gearbox was ok for that amount of power or what was their suggestion?

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 23:39   #8 (permalink)
The Third Power

The corsa special vechiles retain factory warranty +CSV warranty and have na outputs of 330kw wonder if there is a difference in relationship to Herrod <> Ford, CSV <> Holden
strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 00:10   #9 (permalink)
Australian xr8 Member

I think the torque you have put out has exceded the strength of the t5 g/box.Even in the Cobra R Mustang[93] with that g/box the e.c.u retarded the timimg during g/changes to help the transmission.In the latter (95]Cobra they used the Tremec g/box.But you should have been given the option,or told in the first place of warrenty etc. Good luck..
Old 06-03-2001, 02:13   #10 (permalink)
THE DOCTOR

Gaz do you want me to pull a few strings up my way at Ford in Syd, and see what the story is should be. drop me an e-mail of your details of what was done to the car etc. From what your saying if everyone was involved, surely they could of said "yes we think you should upgrade your box". How hard is that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub