Ford still in the red - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2001, 19:21   #1 (permalink)

Ford still in the red

http://www.drive.com.au/news/default...ews/news3.html
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2001, 19:41   #2 (permalink)

Mmmm....HIH, One-Tel, Ansett, Fo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 21:06   #3 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Well I think the Tristar workers were a bit selfish myself, they fully knew that they would be hurting 1000's more jobs than their own.

Let hope Geoff gets the funding for the 4WD program!
Old 09-23-2001, 21:22   #4 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

hey wait a minute. this story Isnt All Bad!

read between the lines here, folks: "Ford Australia is spending on two projects, the all-new Falcon, code-named Barra, and the still-secret four-wheel-drive version of the Falcon range."

Why spend money on something that hasn't been approved?

and this one: "Mr Polites will soon travel to Ford's Detroit head office in a bid to secure a budget for the four-wheel-drive project."

None of these mention whether or not the 4WD Falcon has approval, HOWEVER these INFER that the project has the nod from Dearborne. Sooo... anyone for an AV R5?
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 21:48   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by discokin6
Sooo... anyone for an AV R5?
Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! :D :D :D
I really do hope Ford get that 4WD project under way:(
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 22:39   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by discokin6
hey wait a minute. this story Isnt All Bad!

read between the lines here, folks: "Ford Australia is spending on two projects, the all-new Falcon, code-named Barra, and the still-secret four-wheel-drive version of the Falcon range."

Why spend money on something that hasn't been approved?

and this one: "Mr Polites will soon travel to Ford's Detroit head office in a bid to secure a budget for the four-wheel-drive project."
I don't agree disco. Ford Australia spent money on the Raptor project to create the prototype we saw at the Motorshows, and probably others for testing using an already existing R&D budget. These prototypes, and the testing information gained from them then form part of the business case Geoff presents to Detroit to gain the budget for mass production, which they are trying to get now.

I do R&D for the software company I work for, meaning I evaluate new software technologies, and then build prototypes and do testing to help our group present proposals to marketing/product strategy, and finally the board for approval. We spend money, but that doesn't necessaily mean we'll get the green light to go ahead with development. Be it software or cars, the process is very similar.
Old 09-23-2001, 23:32   #7 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

But I meant in the present tense. I recall reading an article about 3 or 4 weeks ago in the West Australian, mentioning the fact that the R5 had already gone over to the US. If its already in the US, and theyve taken a look at it, why continue to spend money on something that has already been canned? If they must fix a feature or two on it, then that could justify continuing to spend $$$ on it, but for the main part, i'm convinced that the R5 is going to be in production.
discokin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 23:47   #8 (permalink)
Ford Focus WRC Driver.

Not suprised at all!
However, I know that almost all funding and all available resources are going into Barra and like the US, Ford isn't saving on any expenses to ensure that it is the best car it can be.

The report also said "He (Geoff) also warned that the company was likely to post another loss in 2002, the run-out year for the current range, but "guaranteed" a profit in 2003 after the next Falcon was released." I have to agree with him here. I believe that Ford is in the dark year but light is definitely at the end of the tunnel.
Doesn't matter what Holden/GM comes up with in my opinion....this time next year, revenues will be the black!
Old 09-24-2001, 01:02   #9 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

I don't like the sound of putting all your eggs in one basket, and the basket being the AV. There's sooo much hype now about the AV (and recently Geoff has being trying to calm it down) saying that its goinf to be the best thing Ford will release ect, etc, but thats what was said about AU.

I just really think that its a bad move by Ford AUS to keep the AV so secretive so close to release, in the looks department anyway. I really can't see the harm in letting some decent qaulity shots escape from the proving grounds etc, to get the public reactions.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 02:37   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by JEM
I don't like the sound of putting all your eggs in one basket, and the basket being the AV. There's sooo much hype now about the AV (and recently Geoff has being trying to calm it down) saying that its goinf to be the best thing Ford will release ect, etc, but thats what was said about AU.

I just really think that its a bad move by Ford AUS to keep the AV so secretive so close to release, in the looks department anyway. I really can't see the harm in letting some decent qaulity shots escape from the proving grounds etc, to get the public reactions.
I too hope that AV isn't the only new thing to come out of the Blue Oval showrooms.If we're lucky we'll get the new Fiesta for the small car fleet and the new Mondeo and/or Focus for the medium market.
Russell.:rolleyes:
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub