Ford Supercar teams - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2001, 23:25   #1 (permalink)

Question Ford Supercar teams

This is a quick question regarding the Ford Cars we see in the V8 supercars. Why is it that with the introduction of the AUII last year the Ford teams didn't change the appearance of the front of the cars as in the grill area(Double horizontal bars Vs single).:rolleyes:
Is it a homoglation issue where they're not allowed to change the shape of the car in anyway without a lot of stuffing around?
I noticed that with the intro of the VX, the Holden teams didn't stuff around in changing the little things like the headlights and tail lights.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2001, 23:49   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

I believe they did have the option to change to the AUII spec cone but Howard Marsden said it wasn't worth the money changing.
RPO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 01:08   #3 (permalink)

Read

Yeh I thought it might have been a case of not bothering.
Even though the difference is minimal, you'd still think for the sake of making up one mould with the new grill setup they would've done it so it does represent the road cars. One would think it wouldn't have cost that much.
:o Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 03:49   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I'll say it AGAIN!!!!!
Howard Marsden is wrong!
AU2 is WAY better than AU1 - they're racing a dud of a car. If it is all about marketing, then go AU2. Quick. Pronto.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 04:02   #5 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
I'll say it AGAIN!!!!!
Howard Marsden is wrong!
AU2 is WAY better than AU1 - they're racing a dud of a car. If it is all about marketing, then go AU2. Quick. Pronto.
Totally agree mate, and saying that it costs to go to AUII is bullsh!t!! AUII is in full production, where is the problem!! I want to see AUII XR thanks.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 04:17   #6 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I guarantee that we will see the AU2 spoiler next year because they can't be that dumb to have it 4 years in a row.
I realized that the ozEmail and the GMS Falcons have the AU2 tail lights and it looks so much better than the orange one's even though you can't really tell from a distance.
Old 07-01-2001, 07:03   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

cool

I must admit I don't give a stuff either way as long as we keep winning.. :D For the record AUII looks heaps better..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 19:06   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gms00
I guarantee that we will see the AU2 spoiler next year because they can't be that dumb to have it 4 years in a row.
I realized that the ozEmail and the GMS Falcons have the AU2 tail lights and it looks so much better than the orange one's even though you can't really tell from a distance.
You should be a mind reader, exactly what I noticed!!!!

:eek: :eek:
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 20:34   #9 (permalink)
Australian TE50 AU1 Member

I notice that Holden didn't take long to adopt the VX front on their piddly cars, so I can't see why we don't have the AU2. Also, me thinks that the next version will be AV, which, considering that the AU already makes the VX look absolutely boring, will make them all the more undesirable!!!!!
TeeHee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub