FordForums.com Birthday Discussion thread - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2004, 02:27   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

FordForums.com Birthday Discussion thread

That is right folks. We have been around for two years now. Goodness.....can you believe that we have gotten this far?

I would like to thank all those that have been around from the begining. All those that have put up with the countless style changes. The added forums the forums deleted. For those of you that have been with us when we moved to the new server and then to the new Network Operations Centre.

I know that there are a ton of people that i need to thank but i can not list them all. So I would like to thank the following:

1. The moderators, Forums Directors and Admins:
You guys keep this place running while i am off coding new things for this site. You are the backbone that keeps this place stable. Thanks for doing the great job that you are doing.

2. The Aussies:
Everyone of you....Yeah that is right every single stinking one of you. If it was not for your dedication to this site and to back me up then this site would not be where it is today.

3. All Subscribers/Donators
Too many to list. You have helped in more ways than you can understand. I want to thank each of you for the support that you have given. Without that those that have not donated/subscribed would not have their daily fix of this site.

4. All Advertisers
Strapps, Herrod Motorsports, Peter Warren Special, Smithfield. Thanks for supporting this site and helping the members out by supporting the site they all love.

5. My wife
Without her patience this place would not be here. She has put up with my countless nights away infront of the laptop or desktop working on this place. If it was not for her understanding we may not be here. :)

Thanks folks and happy 3rd birthday to Fordforums.com

LunaticSS aka John the Former Non Ford Owner

Last edited by LunaticSVT; 01-29-2004 at 10:57.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2004, 05:29   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: FordForums.com Birthday Discussion thread

How about we change all of the above to 3 Years.

I'll also add LunaticSVT to the list of people to be thanked. Without the coding and hard work that goes on behind the scenes and the willingness to support this site from his own resources then we wouldn't be here.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:33   #3 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Thanks to John and everyone who does their bit to contribute to the site. It takes a lot of hard work and money to keep up this place we all like coming to.

Well done and thanks everyone.
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:32   #4 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORDFORUMS!!!

When I first stumbled upon this place it was nothing more than a slightly organised mudslinging between members...in jest of course... Its amazing to see the recognition we have had over the years, rumours started and ended up in a magazine, the welcoming of Ford Australia to the members of FordForums, the sponsorship and benefits supplied by a couple of dealerships and of course from Herrod Motorsport.

Thanks of course have to go out to John for putting up with our shit from half a world away, all admins for keeping the members happy with various support, the mods for trying their best to control the conversations where required (even though they dont sem appreciated by those on the receiving end) the donating members for helping ease the pain of payments for John to keep this place runing, and for the members for keeping the place an interesting place to visit. I dont say this as anyone else other than a member who likes to visit here, enjoys the company of the members that like to get out and about with events, and of course the community spirit this place has opened up. Honestly, how many people here have had a helping hand thrown out to them just for the sake of helping and not for any personal gain?

Thanks again guys.
Lets keep things going strong!

Paul.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:23   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
How about we change all of the above to 3 Years.

Cheers
Russ
I thought it was 3yrs. as well. Happy B-Day FF.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 10:56   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

that is what i get when i dont get sleep it is 3 years.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 14:15   #7 (permalink)
Crikey

Congratulations John and to everyone involved, thanks. I've been around since May 2002 and have enjoyed every minute of it. And without this Forum I would not have had the pleasure of meeting the illustrious 3FBs.

Here's hoping for many more years.

cheers
Blurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 15:46   #8 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Happy Birthday F.F. Thanks to all the guys that keep this place running, I have met countless people through these forums and have had a great time at events and just yacking endlessly with like minded nuts like me!

congrats & many Thanks

Dazza

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 19:04   #9 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Happy Birthday FORDFORUMS.COM

I would like to say it took me ages to find a decent site like this. I found the place by accident when I went searching for something for my EB. Once I looked at it I though this is exactly where I wanted to be and I joined. That was at 01-03-2002 (Member number 3700) The forums had already been going just over a year and it looked very well constructed and full of madness i guess nothing has changed. Once thing I do remember two years ago is that it was a lot slower and there was not as many active users so it was a lot easier to be waiting around to read new posts. These days if you blink an eye lid you have missed so much.

I remember the comotion whith the BA and hundreds and thousands of users signing up to get pics of the New Commodore, we even made it to the NEWS that was an exciting time. After all died down i decided that i could help a little and there was a position for events organising. Thankfully a few people said I would be right for the job and John made me events organiser. Around 6-8 months later here we are with events in Victoria thriving and im currently working on other states.

I would like to thank these people personally, LunaticSVT + SS, Russellw,XA coupe, Laminge, Smciner1, FM,JR Philbie. You guys have hepled me out and also carved these events into what they are getting to today and to what there going to become in the future. I also would not have been able to do this if it was not for Kooky thanks mate for all the help with events.

Oh some more people I forgot was the Users. These forums would be nothing without you all. And if you were not here it would mean I would have very boring days at heathcote running my car down the 1/4 by myself. There are others that have helped me with my car and other problems during my two years hear and I also thank you all ( you know who you are) for all your support.

Thanks FordForums.Com and to all the users
Steve
(Member No 3700)
AUPS

Last edited by AU1SIXA; 01-29-2004 at 19:10.
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 19:08   #10 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

I didnt want to post yesterday when I saw 2 yrs .... lol I knew I was stressed but wasnt game to differ with Ye Head Honcho

Happy birthday FF .......... Its been a great 3yrs ..........

Paul .... I am one who has been helped many times and I know without the community we have here I would be one stressed out puppy right now ...... SO a huge thanks to everyone involved with the upkeep of this great community.

Hip Hip Horayyyyyyyyyyy for Fordforums.com

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub