Fords can be a piece of crap sometimes!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2003, 02:54   #1 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Fords can be a piece of crap sometimes!!!

I have spent over $300 on wheel allignments and balances the last two weeks to have my car in a condition worse now than it was before i 'enhanced' it.

I have stupid mags that require on car wheel balances which cost $20 a wheel. SO far I have had an allignment and three balances donw to a total cost of $225 and each time the VERY same BLOODY DAY the front wheels need to be taken off because either:

A) The rotors need machining
B) THe front wheel bearings where loose
C) ABS wheel tone sensor is playing up!!

To add insult to injury, Ford kindly charged me $146 to 'clean' my wheel tone sensor and tune my car only to have it returned to me with a shuddering wheel balance above 90kmh, the car now pulls to the left and - THE GOD DAMN ABS WARNING LIGHT IS STILL ON!!!!!!!!!!

My car is a piece of shit at the moment and I am running out of money! I was supposed to get my exhaust put on my car this commong week and I don't think I can afford it now.

I wish I had a better quality car sometimes.

I'm so angry right now, and broke!
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2003, 03:10   #2 (permalink)

That's not Fords fault. YOU bought those wheels.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:10   #3 (permalink)
Australian ED XR6 Member

Why not just fit a standard set of rims that don't require the "oncar" balancing??
Tis hardly fair labelling the car a piece of shit because of common maintenance items that one would expect to need attention on a car that is 9 years old....
Wulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Ok first is first, if a wheel balance is still not curing the problem i would try to get further advise from a suspension/tyre place.

I have had many experience with wheel balancing. I would try to get a conventional off the car wheel balance and watch the guy do thework make sure that when the tyre is rotated that the computer returns 0 and 0.
Also at times rotating the tyres can cause an inital shake as the tyre wear is different from front to back.

You say your car is pulling to the left thats an alignment problem as well.

Inregards to front wheel bearings all cars need that done, ie repack and tighten every 50k or usually done with a brake pad/rotor change.

I realise it it costign you abit but owning and maintaining a car in A1 condition does cost $$$.

Cheers.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 03:41   #5 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Ah...
Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't they have picked the fact that the bearing/rotors needed doing BEFORE the wheels were balanced????
I'd complain mate.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 04:41   #6 (permalink)

have you got lock nuts on your car??????????
Old 04-12-2003, 00:57   #7 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

The mags have lock nuts, the problem with them being balanced is that the stud holes are too narrow and don't fit on a conventional wheel balancer. No one has the adaptors because they are worth $1000 and Bob Jane say that they won't make their money back on them. I'm the only one they have seen with mags like that. How many falcons have you seen with ROH Turismos??

The Fault is actually Bob Jane because they sold me the mags, so they are the ones who knew they couldn't be balanced conventionally. I'm stuck with them unless I get rid of them (which I am going to know) and get something better.

I know most of this is bad luck, like washing your car before it rains etc, but I had a very long day, a long lecture at uni, a long break and then a 2 hour exam in the after noon, to which the day ends with the above.

I'm still pissed off now - and I won't be happy untill it gets fixed on monday.

This whole ordeal has cost me the money I needed to get my extractors and exhaust fitted, so i have to miss out wearing that on the cruise on Suanday 20th.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:09   #8 (permalink)
Drives like a Grandad

I have a set of ROH Turismos fitted to an EF Fairmont. They have been balanced on normal wheel balancers at several establishments with no problems?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turismo.jpg (7.7 KB, 200 views)

Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
greg6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 19:32   #9 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Excellent - can you let me know some places where I can get this done? Considering Bob Jane aren't lending themselve to be the proffessionals they say they are.

BTW - I spoke to my mechanic, he has discovered that the tone wheel is warped. He seems to think that this is a very strange occurance and that it possibly was caused by bob jane when they did the allignment.

Not sure how though, anyway, to cut a long story short, Ford wanted another $45 to fix the problem that should have been taken care of on Friday. My mechanic is going to replace it for me for $11 hehehe, cost price for the part. He is also going to do a wheel allignment for me for free.

TO show my graditude for his efforts I am having my full exhaust system fitted including extractors and getting my EFI lines replaced for a grand total of $290. I do believe he won't be making much money out me this week, but I tell you he's won my dedication and loyalty in this annoying saga.

As for Denmac Ford, "you've just lost yourself and customer".

I do appologise to all on this forum for my rant on Friday, my computers hard disk failed shortly after that and I lost my uni work and had to format. Then my Bigpond Cable went out and I only just had time to get it back online this morning. I was VERY upset Friday night and was about to start ripping new ones into everyone I spoke to.

Happy Easter!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:42   #10 (permalink)
Drives like a Grandad

TSR Suspension Aranda St., Slacks Creek.

Eagers Holden Newstead (aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh.... Holden!) but I know someone who works there.

Can't recall his name but he is the performance mag wheel bloke in Moss Street, opposite Monte St., Slacks Creek.

ROH is an Australian made mag for Australian cars so I don't understand why you haven't been able to have them balanced at any tyre joint?

Never hold a Dustbuster and a cat at the same time.
greg6099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub