Well I have been driving around in a forte now for the last 4-5 weeks while Rob is working on my car.
Now this a standard forte S3 hire car, done 10,000 ks when i picked her up, she is upto 15,000 atm
Im not so sure Forte is the best wording for it.,
1) Sterio turns off and on on bumpy roads
2) Rear view Mirror keeps dropping off (have now used tube of super glue to hold inplace
3) Plastic side bits in bottom front grill have dropped off., no idea where
4) Hub cap is firmly implanted in some woden light pole somewhere.. bugger they dont come cheap
5) Head light bulb blew some 1000ks ago., got hertz to fix that
6) Tranny is making one hell of a noise, specially after these last few hot days
7) Can get her to bounce like the cars out of chich and chong films at a set of lights
8) Boot takes extra effort to SLAM SHUT
9) One hell of whistle from left pasenger door
10) Im getting well over 600ks to a tank of fuel., deff something wrong there
I know its a hire car and all, but it certainly leaves a sour taste in ones mouth!
funny u mention some of those problems. when i get my car serviced my dealer gives me a car for the day. The last one was an SR S3 falcon. I had very similar probs with it (especially the boot, damn thing wouldn't shut). Basically I couldn't wait to get my BA back.
Truly the deepest kiss one can feel, and the one most sought after, is the one you will not survive....
MMM i like it when you talk about the wistle on the passengers side, my car has that and they cant bloody fix it. As for the boot i havent had that problem, spoiler seams to drop pretty freely, side indicators fill up with water, right hand side mirror viabrates at the lights, Climate control dont work on hot days, the light delay doesnt work on some occasions, back thingys under front bumper fell out first week, power arial goes up and down and doesnt stop unless it turn the radio off, the six stack indash spits CDs out when it feels like it, the tyre wear bad on the outter edge and yeah im thinking of getting a BA soon, very soon.
After reading some of the stuff on the XR8, im thinking of going for a Turbo, as they are 6 grand cheaper and nearly as quick.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.