Forums controlling your life? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 04:35   #1 (permalink)
strange cattle them women

Forums controlling your life?

What would you think, if you had a message in your PM's from a forum administrator to explain yourself for what happened at your house, the night before, with absoloutely nothing to do with that forum?
This happened to myself, and a few others on another forum (not this one) on saturday morning.
The demand stated that we had to explain ourselves as to what happened, with a time frame of just over one day for a response.

Do you think the internet site you visit has a right to tell you what you can and cant do, in your own home, and demand response??

Is this internet tough guy/keyboard warrior thing getting out of hand, or is this the sign that big brother is really watching?

I will post some most interesting correspondance about this matter as more comes to hand.

So, tell me, what do you think, and what would you do?
1998 Fairlane Concorde
2006 F250 Crew Cab
"Allright you sons of bitches......lets race" Smokey Yunick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 06:08   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Re: Forums controlling your life?

I assume this is something you cant talk about right now?
The story sounds pretty vague so its tough to say. Was it a concerned citizen/friend looking out for you or someones well being? or was it more like stalking and an invasion of your privacy (life)
Old 08-29-2006, 01:59   #3 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Thats a bit strange but if someone puts their name or phone number on a public forum ,then it's possible they could get crank calls from it and the forums may feel they are in some way responsible and perhaps try to sort the problem out via the forums.

I doubt their would be any legal problem for the forum unless they perhaps posted the number without the person's authority and that also goes for your example of someone getting beaten.

I can understand why the admin may send a PM like that if a problem had occured by way of the forum but you would not have to answer any of the questions you may have been asked. I wouldn't consider a PM asking questions to be an invasion of your privacy as you don't have to answer them.

They can't demand anything of you and really all they can do is ban you from the forum.

Thats how I see it anyway.

Last edited by Big Block Ford; 08-29-2006 at 02:02.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:38   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage

Clearly something happened on another forum/forums and you are venting here. I would rather you keep your spilled milk on that forum and not let it flow over here.
What happened happened there, Im not sure of the situation but you havent done anything wrong here so lets just keep it that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub