fowles auctions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 00:14   #1 (permalink)
habib

fowles auctions

has anyone bought a car from fowles, if so have u had any problems with da car coz i went 2day and there are bargins everwhere and was interested in getting one
freddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2004, 21:22   #2 (permalink)
NC2 Fairlane Ghia

Re: fowles auctions

My Fairlane came from fowles. It was 90,000 kays old when I got it. The radio didn't work and needed replacing and the auto was noisey and died a few months later. The problem with auctions is you can't test drive before you buy, which is good for the seller.
NC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 21:38   #3 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

i bought my van from there ($450). it was in the damaged section as it had been stolen/recovered. i only seen a pic of the side of it from the net but i bought it anyway through a phone bid. has been a very good/handy car to have.
no panel damage or even signs of theft on the car. had a bit of usual pano rust around the back and a ripped bench seat. the front is almost like its new too.
still had a heap of the old owners possessions in the back as well, the melways has already come in handy.
anyway there are ALOT of bargains there to be had but remember you wont always get something that is perfect, thats why everything is pretty cheap.
Old 12-08-2004, 22:06   #4 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

my mate's dad bought a daewoo matiz (yeh i know, they're sh*t) for $4,500 ans it was like 2 years old. Pretty good price for it.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
habib

saw a few ef/el go 4 $5000 or under with less then 200,000k's and thats got me thinking of buying 1
freddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 00:34   #6 (permalink)
heard it before!

just beware if buying a damaged car that needs a VIV as mine does(booked in for next wednesday) it cost about $330 and they check that damage has been repaired correctly using non stolen parts(proof of purchase)and a stat dec for anything you have done yourself. makes a she'll be good enough repair like i was going to do turn into a where was the damage repair as i was suggested to to it properly incase it didn't pass and have to go through it again. i bought a car years ago and have been out bid on about 5 other cars there as they go quite high if lots of people want the same one to the point where you can buy one private with reg and RWC in extreme cases. good luck as mentioned earlier the condition is "as is"
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 00:44   #7 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

15 (or 17???) years and older and they dont need a VIV, just a RWC.
deankdx, could you elaborate on the stat dec please?
we are getting a 96 maxima next week that is damaged at the front (calling all panelbeaters/smash repairers) and will be doing a lot of the work ourselves so if you could give us an idea of what has to be included in the stat dec that would help us out heaps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub