FPV, FPR and FPC??? read on, Is it a viable idea? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: FPV, FPR and FPC (Ford Performance Clubs) is it an idea worth looking at?
It wouldnt work 4 28.57%
Great idea 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2003, 16:30   #1 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

FPV, FPR and FPC??? read on, Is it a viable idea?

WIth the on going confusion with the name change to FPV and the debate about logos and club names etc.

What would the general feeling about FPV having an arm called Ford Performance Clubs, FPC, set up as a third area along with FPV and FPR, with a logo that is an approved FPV modification of the FPV logo, similar to whats been done with the FPR logo??

Im not saying FPV run it or a national body runs it, or anything like that, but it would give the clubs some ownership for want of a better word, would let them feel like they were actually part of FPV, the clubs would be the third public face of FPV.

The individual clubs operate the same as they do now, just under the FPC umbrella, with the FPC logo as part of their club logos.

As I said it is a very rough idea at the moment, but it might lead to all the clubs pulling in the same direction and become a very strong advert for FPV. I am sure there are lots of enthusiasts out there, like me, that would be willing to help design the logo, set up the idea properly

I look forward to hearing your comments,
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2003, 17:11   #2 (permalink)
AKA: Spaniard

Re: FPV, FPR and FPC??? read on, Is it a viable idea?

I think it's a great idea, bringing the clubs under one umbrella. Now there's only one question but before the question I'll just add my little part.

There is a clear and distinct difference between Ford and Tickford/FPV. Seeing as you mentioned FPC which is incorporating the words "Ford Performance", I'm guessing that you are directing this to all Tickford and FPV produced car owners and clubs. What would happen to the "non-Ford Performance" class vehicle clubs? Do they form another umbrella called NFPC or what?

People kick up a stink about badges placed on cars that aren't "worthy" of displaying them but now combining non-Ford Performance vehicles in one group would be an absolute disgrace to some.

Last edited by VH-PBC; 08-05-2003 at 19:46.
VH-PBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 17:45   #3 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

It's something that the clubs themselves have debated for a while, together and as individual clubs. Clubs like NSW were warm to the idea, whereas clubs like QLD thought it was a horrible idea.
Old 08-05-2003, 23:02   #4 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Re: Re: FPV, FPR and FPC??? read on, Is it a viable idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaniard
I think it's a great idea, bringing the clubs under one umbrella. Now there's only one question but before the question I'll just add my little part.

There is a clear and distinct difference between Ford and Tickford/FPV. Seeing as you mentioned FPC which is incorporating the words "Ford Performance", I'm guessing that you are directing this to all Tickford and FPV produced car owners and clubs. What would happen to the "non-Ford Performance" class vehicle clubs? Do they form another umbrella called NFPC or what?

People kick up a stink about badges placed on cars that aren't "worthy" of displaying them but now combining non-Ford Performance vehicles in one group would be an absolute disgrace to some.

I am talking about the existing Tickford/FPV/XR/GT clubs that are affiliated with FPV, as these clubs only accept authentic vehicles. Other clubs that exist now, that arent affiliated with FPV would continue on as before.

This would be a voluntary system, clubs could either come in under the umbrella of FPC or stay as they are, of course it would be good to see all clubs come in, and if it started to show promise Im sure they would eventually join.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 08-05-2003, 23:10   #5 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

There would be no national body, the individual clubs would run as they do now, with no interference from FPV, it would just make IMHO everything a lot more tidy, FPV could have an official FPC go between,
And the FPV family day could be come the one day of the year the clubs all get together.

Call it a commonwealth of Car clubs...

I think it would have merit and it would legitimise the clubs in the eyes of Ford (for want of a better way to explain it)

I for one would be happy to put a bit of effort in to get it up and running, Im sure FPV could come up with a ripper of a logo, like the FPR one....

Mr Flint if you are listening...........
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 08-06-2003, 04:09   #6 (permalink)
gone

Terry

You will find that the Xr Club of Victoria Presented this Idea to David Flint nearly 6 years ago

I am a bit biased, cause I was there, and I think its the best thing that could happen allround!

You certainly would have my support and backing on this, not only as a FPV XR club of Victoria member but also as part of this forum, as I think Fordforums should be invovled in this now!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 00:19   #7 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Yeah I know Laminge,

And those that dont want anything to do with it, go on their merry way, It would require very little from FPV, except the logo, (and Im sure there would be plenty of people around willing to design it, and bit of webspace on their site and official endorsment of FPC.

But it would create a better network of clubs across Australia, and it would be something that Holden/HSV dont have.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub