on the fragility of life. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 18:24   #1 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

on the fragility of life.

on the fragility of life.

Right now Im a bit numb so I thought Id compose a few words to help clear my mind a little. Yesterday was a fantastic day, everything you could ask for in a day. This morning I awoke as I do every morning. All was normal and happy. At about 8:30 however I received a call that smacked me a bit. It was from my work informing me that a colleague and mate of mine who I work rather closely with is in intensive care in a critical condition in hospital. I wish not to divulge the specifics of the incident suffice to say that it was a violent, painful and life-threatening / life-changing accident and he is lucky to be alive. I guess this is the first time that someone I know has been seriously injured. I know that his injuries will dramatically affect his life and work.

Its peculiar that within a period of 10 or 20 seconds a persons priorities and perspective can radically change. I guess the difficult thing is to find reason in seemingly unjust things happening to decent people. I find also a sense of frustration that I am perfectly healthy and well and can in no way share his burden. Right now my mind is filled with memories of previously insignificant things that now I view as priceless symbols of the magic of life; his laughter which is prominent throughout my working day, the sound that his boots make on the floor as he walks into work, the way that he constructs sentences in an entertaining and intelligent fashion..

Its frightening to think that friends and family are no less susceptible to pain, injury and death than they are laughter and health. I feel compelled to never utter a bad word against anyone nor raise a voice in anger again as I feel that regret is the hardest emotion to battle.

I remember witnessing a fatal plane crash as a boy. The most convoluted thoughts went through my mind, mostly to do with the reason that it was someone elses loved one and not mine. I concluded that there was no reason. But for the grace of god go I, I guess.

Anyway, I pray his recovery will inspire many and its certainly humbled me indefinitely. Please be gentle with your fellow man-kind in the new year, you just never know what is around the corner.

Last edited by !Gn|T|0n; 12-29-2003 at 18:27.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 18:40   #2 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Re: on the fragility of life.

Very nicely said.

Best wishes for your work mates speedy recovery.

Greg.
Old 12-29-2003, 19:05   #3 (permalink)

Best Wishes to your workmate and i hope he has a speedy recovery
Old 12-29-2003, 19:28   #4 (permalink)
1 bad 302

Our thoughts are with you and your workmate. Wishing you well, and your Mate a speedy recovery.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 19:39   #5 (permalink)
Master Tech

As A Father Of Two Young Children I Know Where You Are Coming From. Having Seen The Devastating Effects Of Serious Injuries And Premature Death Among Other Friends And Families It Has Made Me Appreciate The Simple Things In Life A Lot More. No Longer Do I Dwell On The Dissapointments Of Life But Look Forward To The Next Great Moment No Matter How Simple It May Seem. The Single Thing I Most Look Forward To Every Day Is My Two Year Old Daughter Running To The Door To Greet Me When I Get Home From Work. The Best Piece Of Advice Given To Me Lately Was "its Hard To Stay Angry When You Have A Smile On Your Face".
Old 12-29-2003, 21:41   #6 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

Thanks everyone. It's been a day of reflection that's for sure. I'm praying that he will make it through without amputation and will retain his characteristics and personality. I guess it's a small drop in a big ocean. Just the other day I watched "Born on the 4th of July" and was reminded about the struggle that Vietnam veterans faced upon their return. Suffering is timeless. I am someone however who tries to extract the joy in everything. A morning coffee, a sunny day, the beautiful look of our carpet after I had it cleaned this morning. I guess without "wake-ups" like these every now and then you can loose sight of valuable things.
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 21:55   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Holy shit......I think I know the same guy.....maybe.

You're not with the TAB are you?
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:30   #8 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

thanx for the post ignition... it really does make u take a step back and realise the little things in life and how we all take evrything for granted, i think we all need to be reminded every now and again, my philosphy is evrything happens for a reason... even tho u may not know at the time. cheers mate and i hope evrythin works out.

shannon.

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:43   #9 (permalink)
Mountain man'

im heaps sorry to hear that mate,
i hope he gets better.
all i can say to everybody else is live life to its maximum
and try and get as much out of it as possible
Old 12-30-2003, 03:49   #10 (permalink)
gone

I hope all works out for the better....
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub