Friday the 13th pick problem. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2002, 02:23   #1 (permalink)
Mercury Silver XR6t owner

Friday the 13th pick problem.

I picked my XR6T up on Friday the 13th. After picking it up i had to drive to the gong from sydney approx 130km, drove around for awile . after finishing what i had to do down there i strarted to head back home(sydney) about halfway back i started to hear a faint thumping noise coming from the drivers side rear that seemed to appear everytime i took my foot off the accelerator(mainly when i was rolling down hills) i didnt think to much of it although i knew i would have to take the car back the next day to see what the problem was, at the time i suspected it was a shocky problem, so i kept driving home to find the noise neither got beter nor worse until i was back in sydney. Befor i arrived home i grabed some food for me and my girl and on my way back the noise suddenly got much much worse until there was a large bang, people on the side of the road turned around it was that loud. I then pulled over, got out and noticed the rear wheel was on a angle. it was dark at the time so i couldnt see that much. i thought there must of been somthing wrong with the rear suspension.
I called ford roadside assistance and told them the car was undrivable. Tow truck came i went home and to sleep. woke up called the ford dealer they told me it had sheered off three wheel studs. by the way i got no apology nor did they offer me a loan car, i had to ask for that. when i picked the loan car up i still got no apology and i also got asked if i had driven over any large bumps. I answered no and even if i did that would not justify my wheel almost falling off. i left the dealer still to have no apology.
Come Monday i called the service division and was told there was a problem with one of the park brake shoes and somehow that caused my wheel studs to be sheered off and my rim was damaged and had to be replaced. I was told the parts would arrive the next day being tuesday(today).
I then called back lunchtime today and was told they sent the wrong rim a 17" i have 18". they tried to reorder one and were told cant get any till january. the service manager then told me he would try and get a spare wheel from a demo car somewhere and my car should be back on the road on wednesday.
I am pissed off of cause mainly because i have not been given a apology. what a joke they call this aftersales service, i think not.
OwnaXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2002, 02:42   #2 (permalink)

That'll teach you for taking delivery on friday 13th.. Didn't run over any black cats too did you..

Seriously, that is not aftersales service at all. Write a nice letter to Ford expressing your disappointment and see what they can offer...
Devil CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:52   #3 (permalink)
true blue thru & thru

Gee I bet ya wished till saturday, anyway ya still a lucky bugger for ownin such a great car
Old 12-17-2002, 03:21   #4 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Thumbs down

I'd be asking the dealer for a refund of your $1300-$1400 dealer delivery charge, as it's obvious that the madatory (by law) pre-delivery inspection was either incorrectly completed or not done at all!!!!

This is just plain unacceptable and inexcusable - theoretically, you could have been killed if the wheel had come off and you'd lost control!

I'd be demanding some sort of compensation from the dealership - take it all the way to the dealer principal - as this is just an unforgivable and extremely dangerous incident.

Sadly, the response you got from the service department is nothing more than I expect from Ford Dealers of late...
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:49   #5 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Talk about spoiling your buyer experience. Thats dangerous. Forget the dealer, Ask FMC to investigate. I wouldn't accept anything less than a formal appology (as well as the car being fixed). Why the hell did you pick up the car on the 13th?? I thought we agreed you would pick it up on the following saturday??..lol Doh!!

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 03:55   #6 (permalink)

yeah i know. i was too excited to wait till the next day and now i miss the car for nearly a week. well that will teach me. i cant believe that they haven't said sorry to me. if it happened 20km befor it did i would have been on the highway travelling 110km/h could have been killed.
Old 12-17-2002, 13:32   #7 (permalink)

Who is FMC and how do i get in contact with them. any suggestions on who to complain to, names ,mailing addresses etc. All i can say is my wheel better be on the car today, i noticed that the dealers manager has a XR6T with 18", why can't they give me one of his wheels. something has to be done about this. I am going to post something up on www.notgoodenough.com.au expressing my disgust with the service i have recieved from this particular dealer "if "nothing is done about this. By that i mean if i have to wait a long time to get my car back.I might even take this to consumer affairs. the realism of this matter is i could have been killed, and noone has even said sorry, plain disgusting!!!!!!!!!!ANGRY
Old 12-17-2002, 13:56   #8 (permalink)
Evil Holden Overlord

FMC = Ford Motor Company

Sorry to hear bout your probs ...
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 15:51   #9 (permalink)
gone

Not a good experience!, friggen terrible IMO, and what a load of crock about brake pad...

Demnd an appology in writting, contact Ford Customer Relations and lets see what type of response you get!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 16:42   #10 (permalink)

i just got off the phone from ford Australia they will call me back in a hour, i mentioned that i was disgusted with the no appology situation and the fact i wasnt asked if i needed a loaner car. i also expressed my need for a refund of my dealer delivery fee seeing that my car was given to me in a condition that is nothing short of dangerous. it will be intersesting to see what they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub