Friggin' lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 14:00   #1 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Friggin' lights

Says it's 35 outside, but it feels a lot colder. Pulled out the outdoor lights while there's still no snow and spent most of the afternoon untangling the damn things and trying to figure out why there's large gaps where the lights won't work. Then this came to mind and I had to smile. The season is upon us.

The 12 pains of christmas - YouTube
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 16:46   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Friggin' lights

Yes it is. I think we are decorating tomorrow. fun fun
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:31   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

We all moan about it but it's well worth it to see the happy faces of the kids and family
at Christmas . Enjoy it while we can .

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yV0Qwth3O2...idssinging.jpg
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42   #4 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Yeah, but I live up a dead end with no kids, daughter and granddaughter won't be in until late January at the earliest, and I could give a crap what my neighbors think. Mostly I do this to stifle my cheap Scottish side (no offense) and to get me in the giving mood.

Last edited by CatSkinner; 11-25-2012 at 06:43. Reason: goofed, what else?
CatSkinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

" The Scots reputation for being "careful" with money may have originated from the days when most people were poor and needed to watch their pennies. Many Scottish music hall comedians such as Will Fyfe have reinforced the view - despite surveys showing that Scots give to charity more per head than any other part of the UK. "

The "Thrifty" Scots

The Scots have the [unjustified] reputation of being stingy.

But what they do have is the ability to laugh at themselves.

Here are few examples .....................

At an auction in Glasgow a wealthy American announced that he had lost his wallet containing £10,000 and would give a reward of £100 to the person who found it.
From the back of the hall a Scottish voice shouted, "I'll give £150!"

A Scotsmen and a Jewish man were having a magnificent meal at one of the finest restaurants in New York .At the end of the evening the waiter came over to present the check and a Scottish voice said "that's all right laddie just gae the check to me". The headlines in the local newspaper next day proclaimed "Jewish ventriloquist found beaten to death".

Have you heard the rumour that the Grand Canyon was started by a Scotsman who lost a coin in a ditch?

A Scotsman, an Englishman and an Australian were in a bar and had just started on a new round of drinks when a fly landed in each glass of beer. The Englishman took his out on the blade of his Swiss Army knife. The Australian blew his away in a cloud of froth. The Scotsman lifted his one up carefully by the wings and held it above his glass. "Go on, spit it oot, ye wee devil" he growled.
Old 11-25-2012, 14:57   #6 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Those were pretty funny, and my light saga continues. Large patches of dead spots, couldn't find the culprit. What the hell, I say, go get replacements. I get the replacements home that were the same length as the ones with the dead spots, the new ones can't be strung end to end. Bastards. I can only find end to end with incandescent at 12' and they're different from the ones I got. I can get 24' end to end as LED... bastards. I have to go about 60' to cover the area that I hang the lights and I have a system that hides the extension cord quite nicely... if I go end to end. So, do I buy 5 12 footers and violate the 3 connection guideline, or do I succumb to the shape of things to come and get the LED's? I guess this dinosaur has something to ponder. Bastards.
Old 11-25-2012, 17:30   #7 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

This year I actually decided to put up LED Christmas lights. Haven't done it in 6 years.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:04   #8 (permalink)
Moderators

As the sergeant used to say on roll call in Hill Street Blues , just be careful out there .

http://www.poddys.com/jokes/cartoons...tmaslights.jpg
Old 11-27-2012, 12:02   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

LED's are expensive. I'll either wait till the day after Christmas (WalMart) clearance or a few more years till prices come down.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:32   #10 (permalink)

[QUOTE=CatSkinner;1372152]Says it's 35 outside, but it feels a lot colder. Pulled out the outdoor lights while there's still no snow and spent most of the afternoon untangling the damn things and trying to figure out why there's large gaps where the leds won't work. Then this came to mind and I had to smile. The season is upon us.

/QUOTE]

Very nice work done man. These problems are common and even I get highly frustated every time
Davidroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub