FTR news - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2001, 08:03   #1 (permalink)

FTR news

Ford Tickford Racing Latest News

HIDDEN VALLEY SET TO BE HAPPY VALLEY FOR FTR
07 May, 2001

Ford Tickford Racing (FTR) is set to turn qualifying speed and a race leading performance, into victory at round four of the 2001 Shell Championship Series at Darwin’s Hidden Valley on May 12 -13.

Steven Richards and Glenn Seton started from positions three and four respectively at round three at Sydney’s Eastern Creek, and then found themselves in the first two positions.

If not for an untimely safety car period to remove a damaged car, which ruined the team’s pit stop strategy, the FTR duo could have gone on for a historic one-two finish in the opening race.

Seton finished the day in 10th overall to hold down ninth in the championship standings, one place ahead of his teammate.

Although disappointed with the result Glenn Seton is confident that the third part of the equation - winning - is very much achievable in Darwin.

Seton finished third overall in 2000 at Hidden Valley and is confident of leading an even stronger result this year.

"Both Steven and I are delighted with the performance of our race cars, and our entire team is very much looking forward to getting the job done in Darwin," said Seton.

"If you look at the successful teams in our sport, they have both cars near the front, that’s exactly where we are heading at Hidden Valley.

"The entire crew is confident, which makes a massive difference when you prepare for a race meeting, and Darwin is a tough place at the best of times.

The trip to Darwin during the cooler months for the Melbourne based FTR crew is one of the highlights of the year.

Since his arrival at FTR in the off-season Steven Richards has continually worked on improving his racecar.

The two-time Bathurst winner is now fully confident of getting the job done at Hidden Valley.

"I said after Adelaide that the FTR race car is the best I have ever driven - now I’m after even better performance from it," said Richards.

"You need to be on the money in Darwin, the tight corner at the end of the long front straight is one of the best places to pass.

"If your car isn’t quick enough along that straight, you can’t pass and even worse others can get by you.

"I’m sure our cars have some of the best straight line speed of anybody out there, so I’m very much looking forward to using that power to my benefit.

Three races make up the program at Hidden Valley as well as a top-10 shootout. The Shootout and race one (17 laps) will take place on Saturday with two 35-lap races on Sunday. The Sunday races feature a compulsory pit stop for tyres.

Details for Round Four of the 2001 Shell Championship Series at Hidden Valley Raceway are:

Top-10 Shootout: Saturday 12 May - 1.50pm

Race One (17 laps - 49.3 km): Saturday 12 May - 4:15pm

Race Two (35 laps - 101.5 km): Sunday 13 May - 11am

Race Three (35 laps - 101.5 km): Sunday 13 May - 2.30pm

Circuit: Hidden Valley Raceway (Darwin)

Length: 2.90 km

Lap Record: 1m.08.6062s (qualifying) - Lowndes (2000) - 1m.09.4917s (race) - Bright (1999)

Estimated Average Speed: 147 km/h

Estimated top Speed: 250 km/h - Start/Finish Line

Full News Archive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2001, 08:05   #2 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I hope to see some actions to back up the PR
GO SETO!!!!!!:D
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 08:11   #3 (permalink)

Me too. But it sounds impressive. I think the cars have been better. PI was a terrible but the other races not so bad. Interesting comment about straight line speed as this is one area that I felt they weren't strong on
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 16:48   #4 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I thought the same, maybe they've worked something out since Eastern Creek :confused: Lets hope so! :D :wink2:
Old 05-09-2001, 17:21   #5 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Lets just hope the pit strategy is right... :rolleyes:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2001, 17:25   #6 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
Lets just hope the pit strategy is right... :rolleyes:
Good call but you have gotta admit he was hard done by at Eastern Creek
Old 05-09-2001, 17:40   #7 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

No question... If the safety car hadn't come out I reckon it could've been a completely different result. But it wasn't.... :mad: :mad:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 05-09-2001, 17:43   #8 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

There's quite a lot of people on boths sides of the fance that say the safety car wasn't required for where the car was stuck as it was well out of the way.
I'm not sure on my own opinion on that though.
Old 05-09-2001, 18:05   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

The whole eastern creek round was a joke. Not just the safety car fiasco. Lets hope it's better for this weekend. :rolleyes:
Old 05-09-2001, 18:07   #10 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Maybe we should overthrow the AVESCO penalties board :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub