fuel consumption & valve lube - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 23:30   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

fuel consumption & valve lube

hey

The other day I managed to get 600km to a tank in the XD wagon, 4 spd, 3.23 gears fully loaded with people & luggage. I was quite impressed to be honest, but I found out the hard way, after filling up on the Gold Coast the thing stopped just north of Taree.

After having to fill up with Premium out in the sticks, I was that impressed with the difference that I want to use it all the time, which valve lubricant do you guys reckon is the best? The two I'm mainly thinking of are Flashlube and Valvemaster (in the little orange syringes, from Shell I think)
XE302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 13:58   #2 (permalink)
351 - What a magic number

Re: fuel consumption & valve lube

In my opinion and seeing as I haven't heard of valvemaster before, I would use Flashlube.
My father uses it in all his vehicles, and sells it by the 500mL or 1 Litre bottle.
It appears to do its job very well, and I have used it in my vehicles for over 2 years.
Our local BP servo mixes it in with the premium unleaded as it goes into his tank underground.
It doesn't hurt cat converters, O2 sensors, etc, and the 351 in my XD ute is going as good as ever!

Ed :)

HSV - I just don't want one....EVER!

My XF 3 on the tree ute is ALWAYS stuck in third......
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub