Hey I have raised this before, but I am sick how I want a full size SUV but theres nothing on the market here at a sensible price.
Here are the options:
1. Ford Explorer.... Very nice, a little over-priced, a tad small and engine only a 4.6
2. Jeep Grand Cherokee (same as number 1)
3. Toyota Landcruiser..overpriced, interior reminds me of a Camry...engine 4.7 something a bit bigger would be nice
4. Nissan Patrol....plain looking, interior nothing special
5. Range Rover...WAY OVER PRICED..but very nice
6. VW Touareg...plain looking WAY OVER PRICED and too small
7. LR Discovery...too small, expensive and gutless (even the V8)
Rumor has it the next generation Dodge Durango will be available here with a 5.7 Hemi...hopefully pricing will be ok
Ford, please bring me the Expedition with the stability control, IRS, 5.4 V8 and powerfold rear seats at a sensible price
and Holden I am sure the Tahoe will be a Landcruiser beater!
We are atruggling to find something adequate... although dad was looking at buying a Range Rover.... maybe a GT and F250 would be a more sensible option?
off-roading is fun, and bigger vehicles cruise better, and are more practical, plus we pull a horse trailer, and something nice would be good. Adventra would have the power but not the room, or ground clearance or towing ability (without too much stress to the car)
Location: The Rhino The Rhino where the classy chicks are
how big do you need?
latest prado is a pretty good jigger almost the same size as a cruiser.. 4.0 litre V6 is pretty strong and the Grande has everything that opens and shuts including sat nav.. sales are double the previous model.
If you are not spinning your wheels in 4th you don't have enough power
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.