FYI - What dealers will pay for BA XR6's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2004, 18:40   #1 (permalink)
Otherwise known as Robbo

FYI - What dealers will pay for BA XR6's

Just as some general information I thought I would share what 3 different Ford dealers offered for my car on saturday so other BA owners can get an idea of what they can expect.

The car is a March 03 BA XR6 (NA) manual with approx. 25,000kms, blueprint, herrod exhaust.

I am looking to downgrade (just bought a house) so I asked for what they were willing to give me outright (i.e. no trade)

First dealer said $26K, second and third both offered $27K. Among their reasons were that they have a shitload of XR6's in stock they are trying to sell along with the current falcon runout sale.

I would have seriously considered maybe 28K or 29K. Oh well looks like its trading post time.
Also - Kawasaki ZZR, soon to be Kawasaki ZX6R.
XRSIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2004, 19:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: FYI - What dealers will pay for BA XR6's

Yes unfortunately due to the success of xr, dealers are now getting flooded with trade ins, manual may help you sell it privately as it will be a little different from the others. I saw a series 1 AU xr6 for etheridge in Ringwood today for $26,000, I almost bust into laughter when the dealer showed it to me.
Old 09-04-2004, 19:46   #3 (permalink)

with 25000 kms you better off put it in the trading post for around 34 and expect to get calls offering you 32, which yoiu might consider to take. As said before, having a manual will help your case as the majority of the XR6 NA sales have been tiptronics, so just try your luck and you may find someone in the market for such a car. In the paper, most private sellers are asking between 31K-37K
micmansour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 20:10   #4 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafted
I saw a series 1 AU xr6 for etheridge in Ringwood today for $26,000, I almost bust into laughter when the dealer showed it to me.
What a crock!! I was struggling to sell mine for $18k! Whoever buys that for that price will be the biggest sucker in the world.......as they say, "one born every minute".
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 20:19   #5 (permalink)
aufalcon.com

Bah! Car dealers give you jack shit for any car. Try what everyone else has sugested and put it in the paper. Good luck mate.
AUsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 21:08   #6 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Wow, its great to see AUs are dropping so much in price (for me as a buyer at least). I wouldnt mind an AU XR6 in the future.

Yer go the papers XRSIK, maybe even online sales like Carpoint.

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 21:39   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Ive been looking to sell mine too. Want to trade up. Mines a manual too, has sunroof, window tint, rear electric windows (yipee), alarm, wheel alarms, premium audio and its black with just 20 000km. 2003 NA. I thought I'd have trouble with the combo of manual and black. One dealer offered me $30K. I am thinking I could do better if I sell privately. Maybe $32K. With the runout and the Mark II I am thinking it might be difficult but then the Mark II NA doesnt get the 6 speed, does it?

Anyway, good luck - and yes, go private!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:40   #8 (permalink)
Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine1
What a crock!! I was struggling to sell mine for $18k! Whoever buys that for that price will be the biggest sucker in the world.......as they say, "one born every minute".

As someone who has spent some time in the sales industry I can assure you that sooner or later they will find that sucker.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:41   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine1
My brother just brought a fully optioned Monaro (yeah, I slapped him around the general area of the head) and the dealer gave him $22990.00 for his AU I XR8 with 128k on the clock!!! Probably another $26000.00 AU gonna be sitting on a lot somewhere soon. Will definately be collecting some dust for a long time I'd say.

He wanted to get a GT, but Ford offered him $14k for his XR8, so I guess it was a good deal, even if it's 2 doors short of a full car!

The Monaro will be great for him- When he has his two kids legs amputated above the knee's!
The Fairmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 00:05   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fairmonty
My brother just brought a fully optioned Monaro (yeah, I slapped him around the general area of the head) and the dealer gave him $22990.00 for his AU I XR8 with 128k on the clock!!! Probably another $26000.00 AU gonna be sitting on a lot somewhere soon. Will definately be collecting some dust for a long time I'd say.

He wanted to get a GT, but Ford offered him $14k for his XR8, so I guess it was a good deal, even if it's 2 doors short of a full car!

The Monaro will be great for him- When he has his two kids legs amputated above the knee's!
If you don't mind me asking, what was his changeover price as that's a big difference between the two dealers and I'm assuming the Monaro wasn't heavily discounted.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub