Gas price"s?????????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2001, 14:52   #1 (permalink)

Here we go again. Looks like a repeat of last summer. I paid $1.67 for 93 octane yesterday. When I was on I-75 N. going from Albany,GA to Atlanta saw a Chevron station that was selling 93 octane for $1.75. I know that's pretty cheap compared to some place's but I still think it's high. What's the price where you live at ?

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2001, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

$1.80 or so for 93
Old 04-20-2001, 18:25   #3 (permalink)
Mod/Ranger Member

Isaw on the news last night that in Chicago it is over $2.00 for regular...Yikes
Old 04-21-2001, 05:20   #4 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Average in Alaska right now is 1.59, 1.69, and 1.79 for super. You would think that we would have cheaper gas prices in Alaska. But they do not refine the gasoline here so that's why we pay just as much as everyone else.. :(

1989 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 13B-T "FC3S"
Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Vulcan Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 03:33   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Yes gas prices are high all over or so it seems. We pay close to $1.00 Aus for one litre of fuel down here in Australia. Still not enough to buy a six though
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 07:24   #6 (permalink)
Bronco Member

ANGRY

The thing that pisses me off is that this supply problem has absolutely nothing to do with an actual shortage!

Those OPEC bastards decided not to refine as much crude oil, so the lower USABLE supply would raise the prices even higher.

The companies did this on purpose. There should be a day declared that no one in the USA, or even in several countries, buys ANY gas, to send those retards a message.

It's high time that Dubya started dropping some bombs on those a-holes, LOL They must think this is funny!

BTW, it's like$1.50- 1.80 here in MA

Later,

1985 Bronco XLT, 351, 4bbl, C-6, Ford 9"rear
1982 Lincoln Mark VI, 302, EFI
bigbronco85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 21:57   #7 (permalink)
ProbeBandit

OHHH ohhh we are getting political now :CraZ: sheeesh
OPEC is doing this on purpose to drive the prices up. Its like any other industry, they also work on a supply-demand base. Cut the supply while demand stays the same ===> hello $1.79 gas... It sucks, but theres not much we can do about it. Nothing but well nothing... :(
Old 04-23-2001, 23:19   #8 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Being a citizen of oil rich Alaska, I keep up on these things, or at least try to. Bush is pushing ANWR for exploration and drilling. They are getting closer and closer to it becoming a reality. There is ALOT of oil yet to be drilled in Alaska, yet political BS is holding it all up. Once they open ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge) gas prices should drop. How much? Probably not a whole lot. I'd expect them to drop a good 10-20 cents a gallon. BUT this could be a few years from now. They have yet to explore and find drilling spots. And they would still have to built the platforms and so forth.

We'll see what happens. If they decide to drill for oil at ANWR, I personally think that it should be for USA only. But with this free-trade BS going on now, I'm sure that will get diluted into the market as well.

Ok I'll stop now.

Marc

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 04-23-2001, 23:21   #9 (permalink)
Old Skool Member

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, even if the WHOLE EARTH stopped buying gas for a day, it would not hurt the gas/oil companies ONE BIT. They know that eventually everyone will run out of gas and have to come fill up anyways. GAS OUTS DONT WORK! Buying gas efficient vehicles, and limiting your trips around town does work however. Of course there are alternative fuel vehicles, but have you seen one yet that is as fun to tune and drive as a gasoline engine?

Oh yeah, I forgot to stop talking. Laters!

Turbo RWD Rotary Powa!
Old 04-24-2001, 02:26   #10 (permalink)

I was hoping that I never lived to see these Hybrid type cars. I will miss the sound of the good ol bent eight when it happens:gok:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub