g'day all...i'm back! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2002, 05:38   #1 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

g'day all...i'm back!

Hi everybody.. Last night my 5 week overseas trip came to an end unfortunately. I travelled through Europe with a Contiki group, stayed in London for around 10 days and finished the holiday on the greek islands.

What was so suprising was the friendships that developed on tour. We all had a great time, no issues of any sort, and it was so sad saying goodbye to people that in just 17 days were able make you feel like the friendship was for years!

While overseas, i took every opportunity to check out FF as i didn't want to miss anything, yet i still haven't been able to keep up the traffic!

It is so exciting to be a Ford Man at the moment...

Let the Games begin!

Chris
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2002, 07:43   #2 (permalink)

welcome back JEM, hope you had fun. How was the contiki tour, heard they are abit tiring and a busy intinery but in the end you see more and enjoy it more.
You reckon a contiki tour is worth it in the end? reason i ask is i'm thinking of doin one next year with a bunch of mates.

Which greek islands did you go to?

Sorry for all the questions lol

And faRK you have missed alot, no way to keep up with the amount of things happening, but back for the grand revelation. Interesting times ahead
Old 09-08-2002, 08:21   #3 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Thanks DmainMan.

Mate i had the best time of my life on the Contiki tour. I can only talk about my experience as everybodies opinion and experience on contiki would be different. But i was lucky enough to be involved in a great group with a good tour manager. At the end of the day its the rest of the people that you're touring with that will either make it memorable and enjoyable IMHO. For first time travellers i think this sort of thing is well worth it. I decided to do what they call the "timeout" style of tour other than the cheaper "backpack" variety. Its a bit more expensive, but its more my style to be in a decent hotel rather than in hostels and sleeping bags.

The tour i did went for 17 days, and i knew we were going to be rushed through places, so if you select a short tour, just don't expect to see and do everything. I have no complaints of the tour other than i wish there was more time, but i knew i'd feel that way.

As for the Greek Islands, i went to Santorini and Mykonos. They weren't what i expected, not my style. Very dry, barren looking places...Santorini had crap beaches, Mykonos had decent beaches though, but i was hard pressed to see grass, trees wildlife etc.. I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

Cheers mate and good luck if you do go, i'm sure you'll love it too!
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 15:57   #4 (permalink)
gone

Welcome back Jem

can only imagine how many unread posts you may have!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 17:03   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Hi JEM,

Good to see you back and that you had an awesome time during your overseas trip.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 04:37   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Welcome back JEM. As you can see the place was quiet without you mate!! :oo1:

Good to see you had a great trip..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 05:01   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Embargo

Good to hear you had a great trip Chris! Look forward to hearing more about it.
Old 09-09-2002, 23:41   #8 (permalink)
goooone

Good to hear you are back & safe & have a great time
PS Now come on truthfully did you deliberately lan the hliday so you would be back in time for the Barra launch
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 03:42   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Welcome Back!
puts99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 07:23   #10 (permalink)

Yeah i'm planning to do something like what you did, but after i finish the tour i want go to lefkada that's where my oldies are from and spend a month or 2 there with family.

Did you go to any clubs on mykonos? because it's not much as an island but more of a partying place (from what i've heard lol)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub