General Question to all Donating Members! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Should we have a BA Forum
Yes Start a new forum and MOVE post 5 41.67%
No leave as is 3 25.00%
heres a better idea - please post 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2003, 13:15   #1 (permalink)
gone

General Question to all Donating Members!

Should the pub be cleaned up a bit and a new forum be add called BA Discussions?

In it we could have sub heading like BA XR6T, BAXR8, GT GTP?

Your input on the poll is appreciated so are any comments!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2003, 16:02   #2 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

I think the Pub should be for all general discussion which will naturally include the current models.

However a time may come when a group of enthusiasts of older models believe they would be better served and create a better "community" by being separate to the Pub. I believe this exists with the E-series area.

I don't believe that time is here yet for AU but I would rather see a separate area for AU and leave discussion on BA or whatever is current in the Pub.

To my mind the FPV area isn't being highly utilised and could probably be merged back with the Pub.

Just my 2.2c

Voted #3
Old 01-20-2003, 00:03   #3 (permalink)

I dunno laminge. Personally i find it harder to use forums the more fractured they are.

Leave BA discussions in the pub i reckon.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:48   #4 (permalink)
gone

You dont find the amount of new threads and replies in the pub a big task to get through every day?

I just theought with the onset of the ba we needed a seperate section so people who didnt want to worry about any ba stuff could either not read it in the pub or go to a specific forum
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 14:19   #5 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

I think there should be a seperate section for BA stuff. It would make it much easier to find BA related stuff, just like there used to be.

This only my humble opinion.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 16:28   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I think the FPV area should have stayed as BA. It is a low traffic area at the moment so I vote to make it BA. I agree with other comments that fracturing out the areas is a bad move.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 17:12   #7 (permalink)
socially irresponsible

yes i agree to put the ba stuff where the fpv area is. that way you choose whether to read the same ol' stuff all the time. the general pub topics are usually good, but the ba stuff gets a bit repeticous(spelling?)
JG33PY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 19:37   #8 (permalink)

change FPV area back to BA that way there is not any more areas but they are just better utilised. when BA discussions slow down to the same level as other models then put it back in the pub

jmo
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 17:10   #9 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

With the BA forum already being split back off yesterday, isnít this question a bit moot now?

I had thought the whole idea after the launch of re-integrating the BARRA forum with the PUB and making a separate FPV forum was to put all the current stuff back in the one place, and leave a dedicated forum for the Aussie Performance arm.

Yes, the PUB can be quite cumbersome some days, but thatís mostly your fault anyway Minge Ė finish your damn car and we wonít need to constantly check in to see the progress reports! :s6:

As it is, arenít we splintering the forum community further than it already is? Personally, I donít look in the E Series section or the Victorian XR Club section as I know they donít relate to anything involving me, so now if all the BA stuff is siphoned off, whatís the point for a BA owner like myself of looking in the PUB at all when weíd be lucky if 1 in 10 non-BA (or non-Minginator) threads would interest us. Is there really that much left in the pub if you take out current vehicle shit that couldn't just go in the Asylum forum anyway? Also, doesnít it just make more work for all you moderators?

Remember too, that weíll need to create an R7/Raptor/E265 forum soon, as itís only 12 months or so until that car is released. Leaks, scoops and magazine reports are bound to get increasingly common in the next six months Ė and Iíd be surprised if we donít have a GT style Ďproduction conceptí of the thing at the SMS later in the year.

It sort of seems a bit of a mish-mash partly being unique to the Aussie section and partly aping the layout of the US section with itsí individual car forums.

Perhaps weíd be better off having a section thatís AU/BA-FPV-Raptor (maybe even something along the lines of current Ford Oz vehicles), a second for X-Series vehicles (the younger and smaller - in model numbers - E-Series cars already have their own) and a third for the rest. Then anything that isnít strictly related to those cars can just go into a merger of the Pub and the Asylum.

Donít know if that all makes sense, but thatís my thoughts on the matter.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 23:41   #10 (permalink)
3FB Food Press

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
I think the FPV area should have stayed as BA. It is a low traffic area at the moment so I vote to make it BA. I agree with other comments that fracturing out the areas is a bad move.
I would have to agree with Pete on this. I would prefer all BA discussion to be in the one forum. The pub does seem a bit full at times.
Vinno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub