Getting RIPPED OFF?!? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2003, 20:29   #1 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

mad Getting RIPPED OFF?!?

After taking my car to Costanzo Ford since buying it from there, I have just realised how much I've been getting ripped off!!!
It's 80K km service time and I followed recommendations from a few here and have taken it to Strapp Ford in Burwood. At Costanzo last time around, at my 70K service, I had the coolant changed, so what needs changing this time??? COOLANT!! At 60K, I got my front pads changed.... what needs changing now??? FRONT PADS!!! I am just really angry, I rang them up and they say that they changed it blah blah, but then at Burwood they tell me that water is in my engine or where ever the bloody coolant goes And they must use shithouse pads if they need changing after 20K, I don't drive like a grandma but I don't drive like an F1 driver either!

Thanks for the people that recommended me to Strapp Ford, looks like I'll finally be getting my car serviced properly.

Edit: I am going to get it changed today, but I have proof that what I paid for never happened, and I will go to them and demand an explanation, they shouldn't be allowed to rip off stupid people like myself that just pay anything without asking!
fte22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2003, 20:59   #2 (permalink)

youre coolant wont need changing if youve only done 10000km since it was done but if you have water in you oil then you have bigger problems then that, you prob have a blown headgasket or corroded out head.

as for pads how much material is left on them? strapp may have reported you need a pad change because the pad did not have enough left on them to make it untill the next service. so you may have more than 20000km out of your pads. but even at 30000km it does sounds a bit premeture.

anyway good luck with youre car.
61sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 21:09   #3 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

I don't know much about how the coolant stuff works, but along with the supposed change at 70K, they changed a welsch(sp?) plug too?

The pads have around 1000km left, so still around 20K is all I got off them. Every service since 40K has cost me an arm and a leg, was better off keeping the bloody EF

Mind you, now the front tyres are unroadworthy, haha, the fun never stops !! Any good 235/45/17's for around $220?
fte22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 21:26   #4 (permalink)

I just put a set of 245/45/zr17's i think on mine for 215 a tyre.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:29   #5 (permalink)
Red-i

If you can, get your hands on the January MOTOR magazine (with blue WRX and blue XR6T on the cover) It's got a tyre test on various brands of 235/45/17. Voted #1 was Hankook K104's, but each to there own and is a very good read.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:56   #6 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Those Hankooks are a bargain considering how well they perofrmed.
Not far behind on price/performance was the Firestone SZ50's, i've been running these for a few years on my XR6 and are quite happy with them. I've got just over 41,000k's on them so far with maybe another 5-6,000k's left.
Should be easy enough to get them for $200 per corner.

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 18:39   #7 (permalink)
Interloper from LS1.com

The Kumho 712's are a good tyre for around $190-200 a corner, have them on the SS and they perform well.

Do not whatever you do get the Simexs - I have been in a car with them on and it was scary on the open road, wander all around the road. Motor rated them above a couple of brands but the only have one use, burnouts, leave nice black lines but stink like buggery.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 19:26   #8 (permalink)
DARK SIDE spy

Quote:
Originally posted by Red-i
If you can, get your hands on the January MOTOR magazine (with blue WRX and blue XR6T on the cover) It's got a tyre test on various brands of 235/45/17. Voted #1 was Hankook K104's, but each to there own and is a very good read.
I thought the FM901's won that ??? ahhhh i see what you mean the Performance/Price went to the Hankooks!
I was quoted $200 a go on Sumitomos the other day...I don't know what they are like???
Old 02-16-2003, 14:14   #9 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

I ended up getting Dunlop SP Sport 3000's, apparently what's standard on the new XR's? Set me back 1 grand all up fitted, new tubes, alignment etc and the car goes so much better compared to the old cheapo Federal's that were on there.

As for the car, after picking it up on Friday, they explained to me that the coolant couldn't have been done properly the last time as the coolant concentration level was almost non existent. Lucky I keep all my receipts so I have to head down to good old Costanzo and see what they have to say. Cheers again to Strapp Ford, car drives better than the day I bought it!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub