Getting TSB work done at a non-Ford shop? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 04:22   #1 (permalink)

Getting TSB work done at a non-Ford shop?

I'm just wondering if there are any issues with getting TSB and other work done at a non-Ford shop? I realize that I will have to pay, but that's quite alright and expected. I'm more concerned with availability of parts to a third party shop for TSB repairs. Does anyone have any insights into this? Are there typically delays or grace periods that Ford enforces?

I bought a 2007 Mustang GT/CS in November and was completely unhappy with how I was treated and I refuse to ever go back to the dealer. After visiting another Ford dealer today I came to the conclusion that I just don't want to deal with any of them anymore. I have decided that I should just stick with the shop I've been dealing with for 10+ years now. I never get the feeling that I'm just a revenue stream for them, which is my perception of how Ford looks at me, and they have come across like I should be happy they are taking time out of their busy day to even speak with me. I certainly don't dislike my car or Fords in general, but I've soured on dealers. I know that I'm throwing away the warranty and what not by disavowing myself from Ford, but that's perfectly fine. I have no problem paying for work that may need to be done in the future, even items that would have fallen under the warranty.

Thanks!!
VanGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2006, 17:21   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Getting TSB work done at a non-Ford shop?

Your shop would have access to any parts need for repairs or service. Is it just the attitude from Ford you don't like? Or, is it that you're not getting the service from them? If the latter is the case, 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease' Sometimes you have to show your tail to get anywhere. If you prefer to go to your own shop and pay the bucks, then go ahead. They won't have trouble getting parts, (if that is your concern)
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:10   #3 (permalink)

Re: Getting TSB work done at a non-Ford shop?

It has been the level of service and the feeling of being lied to at every turn that has really put me off the dealership.

Yesterday, long after posting this, I did a VIN search on my car. It turns out that my "new" 2007 Mustang GT/CS that had 3500KM on it apparently put on by someone that works at the dealership, shows as having a previous lein on it 3 months before I bought it - what looks to be a 1 year lease. It's looking like it in fact was a lease repo or a lease return, rather than new. That unfortunately answers a lot of questions I've had in my mind about things that never really added up about the car. The salesmen didn't even know it was on the lot, didn't have a window sticker, had after market rims, the next day when I went to have the stock rims put back on they put on 18" premiums which you can't even get a GT/CS with as opposed to the 18" Bullits.

All this has made me want to get to the bottom of what's going on here. Was I sold a used car as new? If I take action against the dealer then I'm in the same boat - taking the car to a non-Ford shop as I really don't want to be on the receiving end of vindictive behaviour from an angry Ford employee. For example I'd rather not be driving down the highway and have a wheel come flying off because someone "forgot" to tighten the lugs after the last tire rotation.
VanGTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub