Gmc Race 1 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2001, 22:32   #1 (permalink)
X-TRAIL 4X4

cool Gmc Race 1

Race 1 Unofficial results

1. S. Johnson:D

2. C. Lowndes:D

3. M. Skaife

4. G Tander

5. G. Seton:D

6. P. Radisich:D

7. P. Morris

8. R. Ingall

9. J Bargwanna

10. J. Bowe:D

-- Webber + Williams = 2005 Champs --
Stealth00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2001, 00:41   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

cool

Good stuff by Johnson and Lowndes. I was damn pissed off that Ambrose failed to finish, he was looking real strong too. Great drive by the Rat, and a good performance by Seto.

I've got bad feeling about the reverse grid tomorrow. Tactics for the drivers will be totally different because they'll be in slow traffic most of the race.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:00   #3 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

A good race all round for Ford, although I would have liked Ellery to have finished where he deserved to and not get taken out by one of those K mart cars. Still first and second is a good effort.:D
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:01   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Ahhhhhh Good to see. WTF we don't seem to have it on TV here in NZ that i can find.GRRRRR. Pritesh ,J-Type do know of coverage.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:29   #5 (permalink)

mad

Just finished work and i am seeing the results for the first time. On the surface it looks like a great day.

On a bitter note we (Tasmania) do't get to see race one untill Thursday morning.:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :fmad: :fmad:
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 02:39   #6 (permalink)
Shhh, we're hunting Lions

Yeah it was a good day because the Fords were never headed, Jr Johnson and Lowndes had a comfortable lead but the pace car brought the field back up to them but still the result never looked like changing.:D

It was good to see Jr Johnson take pole and then win the race, hopefully some of the critics may get off his back now because he drove really well.

Good Luck all Ford drivers tomorrow and hopefully the results will continue.
Adam W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 05:02   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yeah well done to Steve Johnson and Craig Lowndes go the FORDs yeaaaahhhh. :D :D :D

Pitty about Marcus Ambrose, :( :(

Hmm reverse grid should be interesting, best of luck to all the fordies tomorrow, go the ford's

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 05:42   #8 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

mad

I'd like to see the stewards ruling on the ellery incident. Surely one of the K-Mart cars was at fault and should be punished accordingly. Handbag Murphy wouldn't have it any other way if the shoe was on the other foot.

On a postive note, what a great day for Ford Racing. Holden weren't even in the hunt. Makes a nice change to the program if you ask me. Wonder how long it'll take before Perkins and co cry foul and the Falcons are nobbled somehow. :rolleyes: Sorry, I'm just a cynical bastard when we start winning.

On an even more positive note is the lengths Ford Racing is going to to get younger folks behind the wheels of new Falcons. When I got home and opend my bag of new Ford goodies, I found an invitation to a GMC afterparty at one of the local nightclubs. Walking around later I found these were being handed about freely to anyone interested. The parties are featuring some top DJ's like Andy Van from Madison Avenue (not my cup of tea but you get that) as well as the drivers and other cool stuff and have the full backing of Ford Racing. Top idea if you ask me. Should get some more young folk considering Falcons instead of crumbledoors for their next purchase.
Here's a piccie of the front of the cards..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub