Goodbye to the LTD - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2003, 00:19   #1 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Goodbye to the LTD

Fellers, due to my crappy financial situation at the moment, with no light in the forseeable future (as I have at least another 3 years of uni ahead of me) I am sad to say that I will be getting rid of my baby, the old LTD. It will all be happening over the easter holidays. I have a little bit of work to do to it before I can sell it but hopefully i'll get a decent price for it.
Believe me, nobody will regret this news more than I do...but driving to and from uni everyday and with rego and insurance coming up I just wont be able to keep her on the road.

As a replacement i'm looking of going back to a KA or KB laser as I know them like the back of my hand (my first car was a KA). My budget limit will be about $1.5k and with the leftover money i can purchase some much needed stuff as well as maybe do a bit of work on the Laser. 1.5L FWD isnt exactly my cup of tea but these things are quite fun to drive...they sure as hell handle better than the LTD ever did and that extra pedal will bring some enjoyment.

Just thought i'd let you guys know.

--ath0-- ....gone
Zomwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2003, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This is bad news!!!!! Mate I give you my heart felt condolances... I'm speechless. It's a cruel cruel world. Is there no way to keep the beast?

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Thanks for your condolances, Alex. Unfortunately there is no way I can keep her. I was in a much better financial situation last year and she was still off the road for 3 months after rego ran out till i got the cash to get her back on the road and 100% of that cash came from my tax return which will not be anywhere near as generous this year.
Believe me, i've exhausted every option and this is the way to go.
I've had a long and overall good relationship with the car and I'd rather part with her this way rather than due to the mechanical problems that will ultimately plague her, so this is it!
It almost worse than breaking up with a girlfriend.

--ath0-- ....gone
Old 04-03-2003, 01:00   #4 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

sikEA votes we start the 'SAVE ZOMWITS LTD CHARITY'

Bad news dude, i know what its like to own a big car on a little budget, and damn it gets hard.

I must be a little more lucky i can still (kinda) afford to run (lets not mention maintain and modify) the EA....

sorry man :( May the Laser provide you with some good driving fun (my tip....maccas trays)

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 01:05   #5 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Sorry to hear that Zomwit :( The LTD was with ford.i8.com since the earliest days. To this day it's only 4th on the list of 'Members Cars', out of 70 cars featured in the section.

I have a bit of knowledge on the early Lasers as well so let me know if you need anything.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:15   #6 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Thanks Jack. And yes, the LTD has been with the club since its earliest days. The first LTD the club had if I recall correctly. Now it looks like the club is back down to one LTD. Look after your baby Alex, you now hold the torch!

--ath0-- ....gone
Old 04-04-2003, 02:36   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

LTDHO is with us too but I can't think of any other regular contributor with a DA-DC right now. :(

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:26   #8 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I still can't get my head around this... It's such a shame I tell you. You'd better hang around here, and you're a member to the death!!!

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 16:31   #9 (permalink)
89 DA LTD 3.9MPI

Hehe, yeah, I'll hang around. Its not like my knowledge of E-series falcons is going with the LTD. I might even rock up to a loosely organised meet every now and then...and possibly even put the odd CFI 3 speed wagon to shame! :oo3:

--ath0-- ....gone
Old 04-05-2003, 18:54   #10 (permalink)
EB wagon

Zomwit... is the LTD really that much more expensive to keep than a laser?? Im assuming then that u got a long way to drive to uni! What do u think u will get for the LTD? If u were in brisbane, i coulda offered u an evening job a few nights/week to keep yer baby on the road :(

Best of luck bud.

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub