Goodbye my best mate - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2004, 00:24   #1 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

Goodbye my best mate

Well I have just learnt from my parents that Cheeko, my elderly horse passed away last night. They have been trying to find a way of telling me all day.

Cheeko was a gangly looking 2yr old when we purchased him from the Homebush horse sales about 25yrs ago. He wasnt the dream looking horse then but I could tell in his eye that he was a kind hearted youngester with a lot of potential.

I conned Dad, who had said when I somehow got out of school for the day to go with him, not to expect to get anything ...... ahhhh being daddys little girl works wonders when need be. He agreed he looked horrid but could have a bit of go in him & was proberly what I needed as my next step up into the world of equestrian events.

We took the boy home & kept him in our yard we used for all the newwys we seemed to get at the time. We only fed him little bits so he didnt get sick over the first few days but he was so skinny & underfed even the small amounts we gave him gave him collic. Off to the vets & a very quick injection giving lesson & we had him back on track.

I spent every morning & after school educating him for the local shows in Sydney as I knew he would need to be highly educated to win any ribbons .... he wasnt really a pretty horse and the competition even back in those days was a really high standard.

We went well as a team & won many bags of ribbons untill one day my father told me it was time to pass him onto my little sister to use & I was to get another horse.

My sister also did extremly well in the shows & won a ' Champion Local Galloway Hack' ribbon when we moved up to the bush. (not that this would mean anything to the non horsey person .... but it was a huge acheivement for an ugly horse that was critisised by the snobs whom we would beat at most shows )

When we moved bush Cheeko was relegated from show horse to stock horse & was the best we ever had for any beast that pushed us. He upped the anti on my beasts who thought they were better .... lol.... they never one against the old bloke.

Cheeko then went on to teach many littlies to ride including my daughter ..... I dread telling her hes gone ...... She was 3yrs old on a horse 14.2hh ..... this equated to a pimple on a anthill type look that had everyone talking ...... how can you put such a small child on that huge horse ....... I trusted the old boy with my daughters life ..... thats how good he was......

He spent the past 8yrs retired in the paddock & had many paddock mates who were also aged and left him ......

My sister passed away 2yrs ago & I have just realised she has claimed him back to cherish where she is.........

Vale Cheeko & Jodie

:fairy

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2004, 00:35   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Re: Goodbye my best mate

a heart moving tribute

R.I.P Cheeko and Jodie
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 00:38   #3 (permalink)
E-series mutantette

aww, thats soo sad :(

RIP cheeko and jodie
Sub on the way!
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Pursuit_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:08   #4 (permalink)

Gone to the big paddock in heaven where the grass is always long and sweet...

Bless her..
Old 07-13-2004, 01:46   #5 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Terribly sorry to read Mum...
Alots of people dont understand that our pets are considered Family....
Keep ya chin up Mum..

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:09   #6 (permalink)

R.I.P. to Cheeko & Jodie, my thoughts to you and your family MN...

Flatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Nature
Well I have just learnt from my parents that Cheeko, my elderly horse passed away last night. They have been trying to find a way of telling me all day.

Cheeko was a gangly looking 2yr old when we purchased him from the Homebush horse sales about 25yrs ago. He wasnt the dream looking horse then but I could tell in his eye that he was a kind hearted youngester with a lot of potential.

I conned Dad, who had said when I somehow got out of school for the day to go with him, not to expect to get anything ...... ahhhh being daddys little girl works wonders when need be. He agreed he looked horrid but could have a bit of go in him & was proberly what I needed as my next step up into the world of equestrian events.

We took the boy home & kept him in our yard we used for all the newwys we seemed to get at the time. We only fed him little bits so he didnt get sick over the first few days but he was so skinny & underfed even the small amounts we gave him gave him collic. Off to the vets & a very quick injection giving lesson & we had him back on track.

I spent every morning & after school educating him for the local shows in Sydney as I knew he would need to be highly educated to win any ribbons .... he wasnt really a pretty horse and the competition even back in those days was a really high standard.

We went well as a team & won many bags of ribbons untill one day my father told me it was time to pass him onto my little sister to use & I was to get another horse.

My sister also did extremly well in the shows & won a ' Champion Local Galloway Hack' ribbon when we moved up to the bush. (not that this would mean anything to the non horsey person .... but it was a huge acheivement for an ugly horse that was critisised by the snobs whom we would beat at most shows )

When we moved bush Cheeko was relegated from show horse to stock horse & was the best we ever had for any beast that pushed us. He upped the anti on my beasts who thought they were better .... lol.... they never one against the old bloke.

Cheeko then went on to teach many littlies to ride including my daughter ..... I dread telling her hes gone ...... She was 3yrs old on a horse 14.2hh ..... this equated to a pimple on a anthill type look that had everyone talking ...... how can you put such a small child on that huge horse ....... I trusted the old boy with my daughters life ..... thats how good he was......

He spent the past 8yrs retired in the paddock & had many paddock mates who were also aged and left him ......

My sister passed away 2yrs ago & I have just realised she has claimed him back to cherish where she is.........

Vale Cheeko & Jodie

:fairy
flatspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:41   #7 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

man thats sad to hear
RIP to them
hope they have a good after life

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:00   #8 (permalink)
He without "fastness"

i just lost my dog recently and it was like a family member was gone :( certainly nothing compared to having a horse for 25 years. Im sorry for your loss, but all i can say is to remember the good times you had with the horse, all i can do is smile at my dogs silly boxer face in the photos that we have of him

Coming Mods: Multipoint Fuel, 5spd conversion.

The worlds most effective pickup line: Hey, can you tell me if you think that this rag smells like chloroform?
SoulReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:32   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Sorry to hear about that - death is hard, regardless of whether it is human or pet. Some pets are become so like humans, and even better sometimes because they love unconditionally and dont demand more than they need.

When I was 16, I came home and found my cat missing, who I had grown up with since I was a baby, and who was like a sister to me. She used to sleep in my bed, head on my pillow. When I went away for a year a few years before, I missed her as much as anyone else.

Anyway, I went looking for her, and found her run over in the neighbour's carport and had to bury her. I still have her photo and still look at her and remember the times I had with her! That was 16 years ago.

Losing a sister must have been hard too, I have never experienced the loss of a family member in that way, except for my grandfathers who had full lives before they died peacefully. I couldnt imagine what losing a sibling would be like and my heart goes out to you.

I hope they are somewhere happy together, watching over you, watching you remember them!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:49   #10 (permalink)
Finally back in a V8

I too lost someone dear to me, MN, thirteen years ago. It still hurts but I have wonderful memories to comfort me, as I am sure you do also. Losing a pet is tragic as well as they entwine themselves around our lives and our hearts without asking anything of us. You are not alone and there are many thinking of you at your time of loss and sadness.
XR 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub