Gregory's Repair Manuals.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2002, 22:46   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb Gregory's Repair Manuals....

Heya Peoples!

Well, you may have remembered me from ages ago complaining about not knowing anything about cars and wanting some references to learn more about 'em?

Well, I have just bought myself a KA Laser (1982 I think.. haven;t checked I only got it 2 days ago, it's my very first car too).

Anyway - In Kmart I saw this repair manual for the KA Laser by Gregory's - "Ford Laser - Meteor 1982-bla bla"...

The book looks very detailed, but before i take the $50 plunge, do you guys know if this book is any good? I'm extremely tempted to buy it because it gives step by step instructions on how to tune it, how to replace the air filet - almost everything there is to know!! But I just want to check with you guys to see if there are any better sources for this kind of info...

Also, do you know of any Laser websites where I can get similar info? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2002, 22:53   #2 (permalink)
Sideways..

Well I've had an XF one now since I've had the car..
and thanks to that baby I know the carby 250 X-Flow like the back of my hand.
I'd recommend buying it. It will pay off in the long run in my opinion.

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 00:45   #3 (permalink)

Go for it, it will get you started and if you weigh up the cost of the manual versus the cost of getting it serviced by pros you will pay for it in no time, thats how I started out and I still use a manual to get me out of trouble,Good luck,Cheers, Bill
Ford jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 02:59   #4 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I've mentioned this earlier, seems the Gregory's have released a manual for the AU1 1998-1999. I tempted to get it but i'm waiting if they release a manual for the AUII/AUIII.

I say get it, they do pay off and they have saved myself a few times.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:27   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

These books are very handy to have and are worth every cent. The Laser is a very reliable car and with regular servicing will run forever.

I just sold my '89 KE Laser that had 191000 kms and part from leaking radiator hoses, and a few bits and pieces, I didn't have that much trouble. I just traded it in on a brand new KQ Laser, I hope it lasts just as long!
Old 08-10-2002, 07:23   #6 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Or you could take the $150 plunge and get the full Ford workshop manual(Bible).
Old 08-11-2002, 01:49   #7 (permalink)
Lost in FF

i had a 4 spd manual kc laser hatch for me it was nothing but trouble :(.. ended up being smashed up in a crash (not my fault) got $2000 from insurance (payed for my ea!) i still srove it round till i did the head on it. i sold it to my girlfriends dad.. i still miss it
Old 08-11-2002, 02:00   #8 (permalink)

A lot of T.A.F.E. Libraries have workshop manuals for many different models. (They tend to have the Genuine Factory ones there).

It may be worthwhile checking out your nearest Tafe Library, just to see what manual they have, and if it is worthwhile going the extra $100 and getting the Factory one.

Speaking from personal experience, I have had the XF-EA Series I& II - EA-ED, and the EF Workshop manuals, as well as the VK Commodore Genuine Factory manuals in the past, and I tried my darndest to get the Factory Manual for my Suzuki (After waiting 4 Months).

Anyway, the Gregories/Haynes Manuals are very good, but the Factory Workshop manuals have afround 10 times more information in em.

Again, I guess $150 is a fair bit of money, but in the long term, if you are willing to tackle all your maintenance, and general repairs yourself, then it is well worth the spend !

Hope this helps
Cheers
Matti
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 02:04   #9 (permalink)

Also just a quick one,
If you do get a Manual, make sure you contact the cover, and try to protect them a little.

My EF one at the moment has pages falling out, the Cover has Oil and grease stains all over it, and really looks - Ummm Well Used.

Anyway, I put the contact on the thing when I first got it, but the thing really has deteriated over the years, from the amount of use that it gets.
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub