Grrr! Dam Thieves! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2003, 22:02   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Grrr! Dam Thieves!

Went to see lord of the rings on sunday. Took the face off my CD player and the remote and put it in the cenre console compartment. Come back fom watchn the movie. The rear right 1/4 window is smashed and the face for the cd player is gone......but the actual cd player still there..... Crossovers for my 4 day old splits are gone aswell.....but the tweeters are still there. Remote is still there. Case for the CD face is still there. Zoo York hat and like $6 in change gone.

Luckily, all my cd's were at my house that day and not in the car. As I was making backups incase something like this happened.

I conclude it was kids with nothing better to do. Probably saw the hat, smashed in to get that. Cause there was nothing else visible worth stealing (is a hat worth stealing?). And a CD player face and crossovers are useless with out the rest of the gear, so they obviously didnt know what they were doing.

They tried to get into the boot aswell. Cause my seat covers were half ripped off.... but I have Gas. ahaha so they didnt get in there by the look of it. They could have just pressed the button....

So yeh pissed off, but RAC have been real good. Replaced my window by 11:30 on the Monday, and gave me $750 for new stereo gear.

So I'm gonna upgrade from my clarion dxz435 to the dxz745mp. and i don't know what to do about the crossovers... can you buy them separately or do u have to buy a whole new set of splits??

But anyway to hell with punks like this who rip off stuff all because they are too lazy to go work for anything.

Mikey.
WarChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2003, 22:09   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: Grrr! Dam Thieves!

Whoa, just got an email back from pioneer $164.80 + $7.80 P and H for the crossovers for my splits.

Might just get a new set of clarion ones to go with my clarion head unit and clarion rears.

Is it possible/worthwhile hooking up the old tweeters to the new clarion splits and run 2 sets of tweeters?

Cheers.
Mikey.
WarChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:31   #3 (permalink)
Wannabe mechanic :)

Hrrrm, that sucks balls :(

It's really not fair that, because you actually want to spend some money on your car, and give a **** about it, some prick feels it quite suiting to break in and **** it all up for you...
Old 12-30-2003, 01:48   #4 (permalink)
gone

Geez mate

that just terrible

Thats always a fear, comming back to your car and its been damaged

Glad the insurance paid up ok!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:41   #5 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

man if that happened to my car i would not stop till i found those **** heads and killed them

( :s5: thats why no one has come near my car to this date :s5: )

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:43   #6 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

ive had this prob. Ended up $3k worse for ware.

Its NOT FUN.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:19   #7 (permalink)
Fu(kn Slow & Low

ive had my dvds, cds, head unit/remote (in door map pockets), basket ball and gurnsey/shorts, male perfume, gel, school bag, cousins shirt, and $25 in change (all change collected from maccas everyday) stolen in one hit, ended up with a broken rear window too. taught me to never think it wont happen to me!!! it happend in broad day light at a shopping centre... any one who lives in adelaide dont go to sefton park shopping centre and leave anything in your car, there aint a single camera in the car park and i know the security guard and he dont give a shit!!!!! they left my back speakers which werent even bolted in... there was an upside!!!

my friend wasnt so lucky either, her mx-6 turbo got broken into, it had an alarm, because they couldnt steal the car the cut ever single wire they could find, hack sawed the momo steering wheel, cut her interior with a knife, pissed all over the car including inside of it, stole her blow off valve, boost guage, turbo timer, stereo with out the face, speakers, kicked and baseball batted every panel in and broke every light out side, all in half an hour, and this had an alarm she was pissed when she woke up, it ended up being a write off so her b/f (drag races an rx3 and r100 both coupes) is still building her a mazda rx3 coupe (3.5yrs so far and not finished) and fixed up a lancer as a daily driver for her!

sorry to hear, hate theiving bastards, they should all die in hell, unfortunatly there aint anything any one can do. i dont see why you cant run two sets of tweeters, ill ask my friend if his got two sets of cross overs in his beamer, his got two sets of alpine tweeters in there.
White 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia ~ Gassed ~ EF camshaft ~ Lowered on super low king springs (not low enough) ~ 2.5inch cat back exhaust system with one muffler ~ Clear indicators ~ Simota POD filter ~ New head built for gas ~ 3.23 open wheeler diff ~ EF XR 16inch rims ~ pioneer deck and rear speakers ~ sony front speakers ~ kyb shocks

driving a 3 speed auto with no second gear!!!
Need PSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 13:51   #8 (permalink)

a quick resolution,and lets hope karma gets this young *BEEPS* back soon.
i always fear break in's especially with my car,but you never know when your time comes(for a break in)just gotta hope it aint your turn by some petty low life scum..

glad you got a quick resolution(car fixed and $$ for stolen parts).
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 14:13   #9 (permalink)

good to see RAC have been so good; nothing worse than getting ripped off & then being dicked around by your insurance company
Old 12-30-2003, 15:09   #10 (permalink)

i really should stop being so careless and hide stuff in my car :)
certainly seems to be a lot based on luck and where u are
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub