GTO Monaro Cop Pursuit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2002, 16:48   #1 (permalink)

GTO Monaro Cop Pursuit

Hey fellas, riding to work this morning on St.Kilda road, I spotted a Yellow/gold Monaro Cop car, and to my suprise it was a GTO...!..

how much money is the government wasting on equipment if they can justify this>?..

did look pretty good though., but I reckon a barra GT would look meaner!.
Full Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2002, 17:20   #2 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Yeah I saw it on Lygon St. the Sat night B4 last. I think there's only 1 of them. Hopefully the next one like that will be a GT!!
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 17:26   #3 (permalink)
Mmmm, forbidden donut

AFAIK it was a donation/lend from HSV for publicity purposes, there's a SAAB 93 going around in the silver SMART car livery too for same reason.

On the subject of police cars I saw a marked VX the other day (without lights and sirens) with a divider type thing between the front and rear of the car. I beleive Holden developed this, with a plastic seat that is recessed further back, as an alternative to divvy vans, I know NSW police were trialing it but not sure about VIC. Also heard that NSW police will be purchasing four door Commodore utes (Cross8 style??) to replace the Rodeos, anyone else know anything about this? Plonky?
Old 10-20-2002, 19:16   #4 (permalink)

Re: GTO Monaro Cop Pursuit

Quote:
Originally posted by Full Monty
Hey fellas, riding to work this morning on St.Kilda road, I spotted a Yellow/gold Monaro Cop car, and to my suprise it was a GTO...!..

how much money is the government wasting on equipment if they can justify this>?..

did look pretty good though., but I reckon a barra GT would look meaner!.
It's a gift from the boys with the pussy badge on the front of the car. See http://www.drive.com.au/news/article...XEO6TAJ7D.html
Aussie_in_NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 21:16   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Sick looking car. Owns the GT any day. Desired by millions!
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 21:25   #6 (permalink)
Formerly lowercase :-)

I saw the car in Carlton a couple of days back...Complete with HSVGTO number plates. Now I have to say, that is one helluva nice looking car and I love those wheels!

A lot of people would be happy to get pulled over by that Im sure.
MintEAFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 00:03   #7 (permalink)
plonky

VX with the cage in the back and plastic seats was based on the Statesman body with a V6. It was built for the Vics with NSW being offered a trial. Reason being that the Rodeo is very unstable and is prone to tipping over. At this stage, any caged truck such as the Rodeo are downgraded in category and can't engage in pursuit and are not to engage in urgent duty unless it is life threatening.

There is huge uproar and the executive have been ginning around this problem for years. Noone has the balls to make a decision, they spend more time knifing each other in the back and stepping on the drowning bodies to get promoted.

As far as the modified Cross 8, there ahs been talk about it but nothing firm at this stage. If it does happen it will mean another part of the fleet goes to General Motors and Ford Australia will get shafted again......unless they want to do something about it.

The XT Falcon is very popular. It is filtering through the system very slowly but there have been a lot of order changes for one. Supply is the problem. GM can build more cars per day than Ford so I gues that will always be the way.

XR6T is being ordered now but none that I know of have been circulated. Most people are waiting for the Boss! The wait is probably around January, early February.

I can wait, it has to be better than the over rated, underwhelming handling, Magnadore!
Old 10-21-2002, 16:05   #8 (permalink)
Aus ls1 *********

Quote:
Originally posted by plonky
VX with the cage in the back and plastic seats was based on the Statesman body with a V6. It was built for the Vics with NSW being offered a trial.
Where did you here that misinformation from? The cas are converted by VicPOl at Dawson street. The plexiglass screens are crap. If you kick hard enough they fail, or the driver gets so spooked driving it he crashes. VX sharing the Statesman body WTF???

Quote:
Originally posted by plonky

I can wait, it has to be better than the over rated, underwhelming handling, Magnadore!
Holden wil at least offer a uprated suspension package. FE2.
Ford are delivered with a feeling of the QE2.

I drive these cars daily and I would totally prefer the Holden product to the Ford any day of the week. We have just had 2 vehicles turned over that were replaced by Fords. I can tell you from speaking to the guys at work that the 60'000 km will take a while to reach cos no-one is in a hurry to drive them.
Old 10-21-2002, 17:11   #9 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally posted by HRT 8
Where did you here that misinformation from? The cas are converted by VicPOl at Dawson street. The plexiglass screens are crap. If you kick hard enough they fail, or the driver gets so spooked driving it he crashes. VX sharing the Statesman body WTF???

Holden wil at least offer a uprated suspension package. FE2.
Ford are delivered with a feeling of the QE2.

I drive these cars daily and I would totally prefer the Holden product to the Ford any day of the week. We have just had 2 vehicles turned over that were replaced by Fords. I can tell you from speaking to the guys at work that the 60'000 km will take a while to reach cos no-one is in a hurry to drive them.
Well your view is fortunately not shared by a lot of people. The new falcon is totally superior to commodore. Everybody I know who has driven both the Falcon and Commodre, incl. myself, has said the Falcon pisses on it. Would you mind explaining why you would prefer a Commodore other than obvious bias?? What are the features you like over Falcon other than that it has a lion badge?? Falcon has clearly superior engine( new DOHC vs 30 yr old pushrod), suspension (new ctrl blade vs 20 yr old t-arm), chassis and interior too.
Old 10-21-2002, 17:12   #10 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Quote:
Originally posted by He|mut
Sick looking car. Owns the GT any day. Desired by millions!
Owns a GT?? Maybe you should wait till the GT comes out and is compared to HSVs B4 saying crap like that!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub