Guy wins new EVO for 26K on Ebay from shady dealer, dealer won't give up car. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2003, 21:41   #1 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Thumbs down Guy wins new EVO for 26K on Ebay from shady dealer, dealer won't give up car.

This guy won a new EVO on Ebay for 26K and now the seller is refusing to go through on the deal. Auction ended fair and square, no reserve and started bidding at 10K.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=442510
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2438028950

Keep passing along the info about the shady dealer...
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2003, 22:03   #2 (permalink)
Not a Twink

Re: Guy wins new EVO for 26K on Ebay from shady dealer, dealer won't give up car.

****... This guy got stooged, but honestly.. The dealer will probably get away with it. Its just a website after all.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
now with EF power!

Re: Guy wins new EVO for 26K on Ebay from shady dealer, dealer won't give up car.

Unlucky.

He shouldnt get away with it.....but he will.

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
danege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 22:48   #4 (permalink)

what can they do... i know its some sorta contract, but meh... hope he gets the car!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 23:40   #5 (permalink)
E Series Chick Supremo

This sort of thing really annoys me ....... I had something similar but reversed ...... a guy bid & won my XF wagon & then reniged after 2 days .....

I still had to pay for the listing fees because there were bids on the car .... I tried to email the other bidders but they had got cars already ......

I havent & refuse to use ebay anymore ......2 shaftings on there has made me learn my lesson :(

Check out the OzECruisers Inc. website HERE

FF Lynch Mob BITCH
O.F.R #65
Mother Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 23:54   #6 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

If he were smart he would get some lawyers and sue his ass. THen make the dealer pay expenses.
Old 10-31-2003, 00:54   #7 (permalink)
walking power

Thats a nice EVO though.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:55   #8 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Its a damn shame.

It is however, mighty impressive that this thread is now on over 20 forums. Talk about 6 degrees of separation
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 17:04   #9 (permalink)

True, there does appear to be a contract here, and a breach.

Under our system however (common law), the law has always taken the view that for a contract to be enforcable, concideration must have passed. - That is, there must be some exchange of value between the parties. The buyer would argue this, but I dont know how successful he would be. Also, I don't know what the specific terms of using ebay are.

If the buyer was in a country where the civil law system was used (eg: France), then it would be more than likely that he would win, as no "concideration" is necessary for a contract to exist. Civil law only emphasises the agreement which was made.

Also, for a contract to be valid, it must be voluntarily entered into by both parties, and things such as mistake (which the seller would argue), can invalidate a contract under our common law.

FInally, the fundamental principal of our law is "let the buyer beware". If, as said before, we were under a civil law system, its the reverse with "let the SELLER beware."

So unless the buyer gets lucky somehow, then id have to say bad luck.

Pete.
Pete84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 17:34   #10 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

Pete, consideration exists as the promisee (the bloke wanting to buy the EVO) has promised consideration (exchange of $26k for an evo). Consideration can exist of some right, interest, profit, or benefit accruing to one party by some forbearance of another
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub