Gym Equipment And Weight Loss - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2003, 04:16   #1 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Gym Equipment And Weight Loss

Hi All,

There was a thread on FF going back around 6 months ago regarding weight loss and muscle gain. I was around 93kg at the time and I am 186 cm tall when i read it and though to myself i am getting a little bit heavy so i did some extensive reading over the next month and devised my own plan with a lot of mixed thoughts.

Within the last 5 months I have been going to the Gym 3 to 4 times a week and latley slowing off a little. I am now down to 80kg with a hell of a lot more muscle bulk than i have ever had. Im currently taking protein shakes on my workout days and love it. One problem is my gym membership has expired and I can not afford to go anymore. I am now going to buy myself some weights so I can save money. I also would like to help others out with what I did and how I done it so if anyone is interested reply to the thread. Mostly my diet changed i ate just more often around 5 to 6 times a day to keep the metabolism running and all soft drink was dropped.

Also if anyone has any gym equipment Like a bench press, Barbells, Dumbells that they dont use and want to get rid of em to the right buyer PM me.

Ready to help
Steve B
AUPS

Last edited by AU1SIXA; 12-22-2003 at 04:19.
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2003, 04:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: Gym Equipment And Weight Loss

congrats

depends were you go for your gym membership.. mines like 14 a fortnight, which is cheaper just to go to the gym then buy the stuff

just get a power rack, bench, barbell, weights, etc. dont need much more then that
OverDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:34   #3 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Yeah Steve I still have your program saves in word somewhere. I too have slowed downt his past month but I am looking at starting back again after new year and really getting serious. I'll talk to you at the heathcote meet more.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:41   #4 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop

Am interested to know what you did. Am actually nearly the same weight as you once were but a couple cm shorter.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

can discuss this issue with both of you guys at heathcote :)
AUPS
Old 12-22-2003, 13:02   #6 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

will have to have a chat with you about the diet steve. what protein shake did you take? I am looking at taking some but not sure which one to get.
Old 12-22-2003, 13:30   #7 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

I have tried heaps of differant protiens, rule of thumb if moeny is tight take 1 shake 30 mins before workout and one directly after workout there i slike a 45 minute window after a workout that will close so everthing has to be taken before it closes.

If you have a little bit more $$ to throw around take one in the morning one before training and one after training also take one in the morning on your non training days. I also must stress do not to any type of cardio 8 hours before of 8 hours after a Weights workout. Your body will otherwise burn the muscle that gain it so to speak.

I have a current 2 day split program, it was on a three but have been a little slack I guess I am a lound to be it's Xmas. Plus my gyms bloody shut when I get home so its getting me angry thats also why I want to get my own weights they can never make up there mind when there open.

Just make sure the protein has around 25 - 30 grams of protein per 30g scoop. Price really means nothing, I have tried some expensive ones with the same results as the cheaper ones I guess its experimenting. I usally buy a 3 kg tub that last's just on a month to month and a half around $60 - $80

WPI (WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE) is more for after training quicker absortion and weight loss.

WPC (Whey PROTEIN CONCENTRATE) has more carbs and will make you put on more bulk.

Hope some of this info helps
AUPS
Old 12-22-2003, 13:44   #8 (permalink)
I am The Brain

My brother after his first knee injury was overweight and was ridiculed at school because of it. After he did his knee, his whole attitude changed, and the rehab he did consisted of a lot of running, swimming, cycling and weights. He lost a lot of weight and also put on a reasonable amount of muscle. He has changed so much and is a lot happier because of it.

It is definately a great thing to be doing...and I'm glad you mentioned the fact that you eat 5 to 6 times a day...because that is one point people lose it on..they think that if they eat less that they will get better. A common misconception. One thing my brother did in particular eating-wise though was cut out a lot of carbohydrates in his diet....a bad thing for you to actually do..but the quickest way to eat away the fat - use more energy than you consume.

I really need to do something though...I am definately not the correct weight for my height. Alas, I never get off my arse to do something.
Old 12-22-2003, 14:15   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Steve, I am almost the same height and weight as you when you started and have been wantin to get into the gym for awhile but not known where to start. I'll have a talk to ya at Heathcote mate.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 14:45   #10 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU1SIXA
I have tried heaps of differant protiens, rule of thumb if moeny is tight take 1 shake 30 mins before workout and one directly after workout there i slike a 45 minute window after a workout that will close so everthing has to be taken before it closes.

If you have a little bit more $$ to throw around take one in the morning one before training and one after training also take one in the morning on your non training days. I also must stress do not to any type of cardio 8 hours before of 8 hours after a Weights workout. Your body will otherwise burn the muscle that gain it so to speak.

I have a current 2 day split program, it was on a three but have been a little slack I guess I am a lound to be it's Xmas. Plus my gyms bloody shut when I get home so its getting me angry thats also why I want to get my own weights they can never make up there mind when there open.

Just make sure the protein has around 25 - 30 grams of protein per 30g scoop. Price really means nothing, I have tried some expensive ones with the same results as the cheaper ones I guess its experimenting. I usally buy a 3 kg tub that last's just on a month to month and a half around $60 - $80

WPI (WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE) is more for after training quicker absortion and weight loss.

WPC (Whey PROTEIN CONCENTRATE) has more carbs and will make you put on more bulk.

Hope some of this info helps

Cheers for that Steve. I not too worried about putting on the bulk but more using the fat stored when training. I will check out the stores after new year for the ones with WPI. I used to take L-Cartine to help my metabloism, it worked well but I thought I better get my body to do it on its own. To help I have moved into low GI foods. I am on a 3 day program myself and find it easier. But the damn gym is shut for 1.5 weeks due to chrissy and renovations. So the new year I will be back into it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub