Ha Ha Skaife - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2001, 23:25   #1 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Ha Ha Skaife

It was sooo good to see Skaife take a fall this weekend.I thought i was never guuna stop laughing.First the stop go penalty in race 1 and then to work his way back up the line in the last race and then to spin out and all his own doing too both times.Ha HA .Wonder what excuses there are.I had to laugh at the commentator when Skaife spun.He reckoned it must have been someone elses fault as Skaife doesn't make those mistakes but on replay it was all Skaife and no one else.That shut him up.Ahhh yes. The Rat was brilliant again too.
Big Block Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2001, 23:35   #2 (permalink)
Australian TE50 AU1 Member

Is Skaife a sore loser or what!!?, his interview after race one showed his true colours, acting like a spoilt brat. Compare that to Lowndes when he was hard done by in the early season, just takes it on the chin and smiles saying there's always other races. With Skaifes experience you would expect him to be more mature and sportsman like, a sad reflection on his personality, poor bloke.
TeeHee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 00:05   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like I had better set the tape:D
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 00:14   #4 (permalink)
Hawthorn Supporter

I would rather see Skaife stuff up at a double points round than at Calder.
FPRXR-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 00:26   #5 (permalink)
Rail Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by TeeHee
Is Skaife a sore loser or what!!?, his interview after race one showed his true colours, acting like a spoilt brat. Compare that to Lowndes when he was hard done by in the early season, just takes it on the chin and smiles saying there's always other races. With Skaifes experience you would expect him to be more mature and sportsman like, a sad reflection on his personality, poor bloke.

Now he should know how Ambrose felt at eastern creek.
Old 07-15-2001, 00:55   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by TeeHee
Is Skaife a sore loser or what?
He's blown up at 2 of the last three rounds now. I believe a true sign of sportsmanship is how you handle yourself when things don't go your way. The last few times Skaife has lost it big time. Sure the guys can drive the doors of his rig, but he has no respect for anyone else involved in V8 Supercars. For sh*ts sake even Ingall can take a loss or a bad decision on the chin..

Mark Skaife you are a and you should be
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 01:07   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man

Mark Skaife you are a and you should be
Hear Hear!!!!
Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 01:22   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

Exactly right Ford Man anyone can be cheery when things go your way and you win but when you stuff up you have to accept it!! And Skaife cant.
DR XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 02:01   #9 (permalink)

Typical "I am better than the rest of you common scum" crap that comes from Skaife when the cards don't fall his way. Acting like a snotty nosed brat is second nature when he isn't doing well.:p
It might not have been Fords day, but if we had to have a Commodore win in both the points and personality stakes, it was good that the Big Kev team took it out.
Russell.
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 03:22   #10 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

No doubt about it - he is a wanker!

However, there are two issues that need to be raised from this incident:

First
Skaife had every opportunity to back off slightly and not gain an advantage in which case he wouldn't have been penalised. Either that or let Johnson past during the following lap.

Second
The penalty of the stop-go is excessive and Ford runners have been badly done by in much the same way previously. The officials need to sort this out for next season. As much as I hate Skaife, a better option would have been imposing a flat one second per race lap penalty or similar to the finish times (i.e. 21 lap race = 21 seconds)

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub