Had a look at the new WRX today - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2003, 20:24   #1 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Had a look at the new WRX today

I went to the Subaru dealers at Parramatta today to have a look at the new WRX. I'm thinking of buying a XR6T but wanted to have a look at the Subaru as an alternative.

I had a 97 Impreza which I loved but I must say that I'm not real impressed with the new one.

The leather seats weren't as comfortable as the cloth Recaros in my old one. The steering wheel felt hard, I prefer a softer feel like Fords leather wheel.

While the dash layout was good, the rest of the interior looked cheap. Even my wife remarked as we got back into our Laser, how it looked better and had a better finish to the Impreza. IMO the BA XR6T blows it away in the interior department.

There was no room in the back, I know it's only a small car but my 97 model had more room. If I did buy one, the wife wants a sports wagon like the last one. I'd prefer a sedan this time.

The car looks the great on the outside, with a newer front end, good looking wheels and meaner bonnet scoop.

Overall I was very disappointed with it. The good thing is that it makes up my mind, I'd buy the Falcon before the Subaru.

One thing I did notice, the lack of service at that dealer hasn't improved since the last one I bought from them. If I did choose the WRX, I'd be buying it else where, they just couldn't care less about the customer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2003, 22:14   #2 (permalink)

Bought our first impreza from parramata subaru,I would never buy a car or anything from the thompson automotive group again. ford/subaru etc.
As always your car will be here on this date,we think,we can sell you that colour but we dont know when,we cant even show you what one looks like,your cars in another yard about to be sold,after 3 month wait can you wait for another one.
And thats just before picking it up.

Then theres the service, another story so they can shove it up their arse.

Ive bought 2 more from the peter donelly group and have had no real dramas since

I would much rather drive my liberty around town in trafic, over my/a falcon, depend on your needs you cant compare the size of the car to a falcon ,totallly different kettle.
Old 02-16-2003, 01:57   #3 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

hmm interesting comments as i may be starting work at subaru as a salesmen in a few days i would like to hear feedback as i want to know as much about these cars as possible:)

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:22   #4 (permalink)

subaru are by far they only jap car that I will drive/own I have had three of them Rx impreza,Wrx impreza,rx liberty and they are brilliant to drive ,with the AWD config ,beautiful torque curve not v8 style but very easy driving car which required little effort to drive on country hilly roads,and at high speed ,very agile and of corse who can forget the throtey flat 4 boxer sound once the exhaust is opened up a bit .
I will either replace the liberty with 2nd gen forester 2.5 turbo or the new to be released liberty due mid to late this year,

I would expect no matter what dealer your working for there will all ways be hicups in your system with delivery times car availability,but just remember in sales any one walking in your yard is a customer ready to jugde you every word and move ,so try to stick to your word,as word of mouth travels quickly.

last time I walked in to a subaru yard i went to look at the new forester asked for a drive in the xs limited, a new salesmen wouldnt let me drive it ,just from his attitude I changed my mind after that ,and saved $ 40 odd grand (thanks mate).

Good lck with your new job
Old 02-16-2003, 02:23   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by edxr6wgn
I would never buy a car or anything from the thompson automotive group again. ford/subaru etc.
When I ordered mine, I was lied to about what was available, colours, body type etc. That's why I ended up with a blue hatch instead of a silver sedan like I originally wanted.

It wasn't until after I had picked up the car that I found out they had lied about it. Delivery date kept changing as well.

After I signed the paperwork, I asked them if there was anything else to sign. The reply was no. I then asked if there was anything in the way of my wife picking up the car as I was going overseas. The reply was no.

My ship sailed for overseas for 4 months and in the first week I get an email from the missus. They forgot some paperwork and she can't pick up the car without my signature. I had to get them to courier the paperwork up to a dealer in Darwin which was thankfully my next port of call. After I signed the papers in Darwin I asked the guy if he was sure that was all. His indignant reply was "I know how to do my job". I said "That's funny, that's what the last bloke said and now I'm in another part of the country trying to fix his stuff up!"

Never again with Thompson Ford/Subaru.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:16   #6 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Thumbs up

It is interesting now that Ford in in a market they had not previously been it, comparing a falcon XR6 Turbo to a Subaru Impeza WRX.

Putting the cat amongst the pidgeons really!
Official BSR Website - www.bsrcorp.com
Poster of the 150,000th post!
BSR "DARTH HELMET (tm)"
Marcos Ambrose & SBR, 2003 & 2004 V8SUPERCAR Champions

****ADSLSUPERFASTP0RNPIPE (tm)****
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 03:25   #7 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

hmm subaru is a very under rated car in my oppinion they have alot to offer and their technology is second to none esp in the libertys etc

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:19   #8 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

I'm still wondering how they could've phucked up the looks of such a wonderfull looking car. The new shape just doesn't do it for me. It looks to much like a bloody corolla. Performance wise they've improved though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub