Had a ride in a 250KW straight 6 falcon today!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 06:43   #1 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Had a ride in a 250KW straight 6 falcon today!!!

ChuBBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2002, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
Territory TS - AWD

Good feedback ChuBBz,

Now to mod the XG :oo1: or the ED:err: , or both! :s2:

I always knew SIX IS ENOUGH
Old 05-27-2002, 18:04   #3 (permalink)

Yeah I gave him a call a while ago.. spoke to him about the DEV 5 stage on my manual EF(when I had it) and he said after the DEV 5 + a supercharger(from Croydon) I could expect a very healthy 250+ rwkW from my car!!(possibly 300kW if done right) At only 6 cylinders the power to weight ratio would be absolutely nutZ!! Only thing is I wouldn't be able to drive it till December 2002(I get of my P's). Oh well... now I don't even have the EF... but that's why I want to fit an EF motor to my XF :) <---that's supposed to be a very big smile!!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 18:18   #4 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

What I wanna know is, how do they do a DEV 5, which has a big lumpy cam, then add a supercharger? A big lumpy cam counteracts a supercharger setup. Either I'm wrong, or that's a slightly different DEV 5 setup using a cam more appropriate for supercharged applications. Do they up compression for those engines? A supercharged 6 also needs that lowered, not raised!
Old 05-27-2002, 19:04   #5 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

^^^I dont think they supercharge. Just work the tits of it.

Can we say "Race Engine"?
Old 05-27-2002, 19:57   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Ken, read Pearly's post again - carefully.
Old 05-27-2002, 21:09   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Chubbz,

I don't deny that the Jim mocks test EF Falcon with the Dev 5 hammers.
But what i'm a few of us aren't sure of is how the Dev packages respond to different falcons particularly for the Inline 6's that are already getting figures around the 130-140kw mark.

An example would be if a stock falcon makes 107kw by adding the dev 3 packages the power is expected to increase to 140kw. Thats an increase of roughly 30kw at the wheels. But if you were to put the dev package into a falcon already making say over 130kw at the wheels i'm not sure that it will go up 160kw at the wheels.
Also another concearn for XR6 owners is the cam profile. I'm very interested too know if Jim Mock has a cam that better than the XR6.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 21:39   #8 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Man

Sorry, at work.

Have to read everything very quickly.
Old 05-27-2002, 21:56   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Venom XR
What I wanna know is, how do they do a DEV 5, which has a big lumpy cam, then add a supercharger? A big lumpy cam counteracts a supercharger setup. Either I'm wrong, or that's a slightly different DEV 5 setup using a cam more appropriate for supercharged applications. Do they up compression for those engines? A supercharged 6 also needs that lowered, not raised!
Not sure mate, but as long as they can make it happen, I'm all up for it!
With the 185kW package they had with the white EF manual though, that's already as good as the 185 of the Clubsports VS/VR(which ever), and going by the power to weight ratio, you'll leave then for dead at any lights in a (non*)standard EF. :MUha:

*they don't know that when they first see it.

BTW.. Jim Mock is not the one that would do the supercharger... they are a separate company.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 22:29   #10 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

Ok, I'm was just going off your post where you quoted Jim as saying a supercharged DEV5 could yield 250-300 rwkW. Everyone knows I love my six-packs but I'm skeptical of such claims for the reasons I mentioned above.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub