HAHA -- MTV's Pimp My Ride got owned - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2005, 16:12   #1 (permalink)

HAHA -- MTV's Pimp My Ride got owned

Here is a pic of the article. you prob cant read it, since I took a pic with my camera phone.....sucks but here is the jist of it.

You know how these guys like to put a bazillion screens in peoples vehicle. Or at least thats what i hear, cuz i dont have cable. well the National Hwy Transportation Saftey Administration has fined them $16000 for removing saftey equipment (air bag) to install a screen in someones steering wheel. I dont know if its old news, but i just read the article in a Body Shop Business magazine we get at the shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinp.JPG (37.3 KB, 149 views)
Ranger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2005, 16:13   #2 (permalink)

Re: HAHA -- MTV's Pimp My Ride got owned

Found this article online too. hehe

http://www.manhunt.com/news/stories/1104774551.html
Ranger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 16:17   #3 (permalink)
- Fairlane By Tickford -

lol, funny show - i think they would learn from their mistake; no biggy.
Not a cheap mistake but haha :D
Fairlane By Tickford #4 of 106 - FOR SALE
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 18:48   #4 (permalink)
speedkills so snort Slowr

The article also says sumfin about that 89 mustang with a camera in the sun visor.... i have seen that episode on MTV and the camera is built into the passenger side sun visor and can be activiated by the push of a button ... dont know how that was illegal...

but yeh these guys are crazy should see how they do up this VW kombi.. they put like a 54" monitor in the back with a wrap around couch....
http://www.freewebs.com/tzenu
crzyxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 20:12   #5 (permalink)

yer Ive been in the states all of last week on business and I think I saw about 12 episodes of that! they do some awsome stuff and its all in like 5 days or something, amazing. But they are not the only show out there doing it there was porbably 3 shows of the same premis on differnet channels, one (and I cant remember the name) was much better work and they started the show by stealing someones car, and sending a fake police officer over to take the report then a week later they invite the person to come and pick up whats left of their car after it was found stripped over the border then they sping the supprise on them, great show.
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 23:09   #6 (permalink)
AU XR6 VCT 'WANNABE'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikGan
, one (and I cant remember the name) was much better work and they started the show by stealing someones car, and sending a fake police officer over to take the report then a week later they invite the person to come and pick up whats left of their car after it was found stripped over the border then they sping the supprise on them, great show.
Geez it's a shame you can't remember the name of the show man, the look on ppl's faces would be priceless, if any of our American friends out there know the show can ya post details on it please
Chur'
Old 03-14-2005, 23:38   #7 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

i have all the episodes of pimp my ride. all of season 1 and 2 and the first episode of series 3...
the worst was probably a tv screen they installed inside a spare wheel under the car.

Don't know about the other shows but i know there was a funkmaster flex carshow of somesort.. maybe thats the one? dnno
Old 03-18-2005, 23:56   #8 (permalink)
Circuit board dressups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
Geez it's a shame you can't remember the name of the show man, the look on ppl's faces would be priceless, if any of our American friends out there know the show can ya post details on it please
Chur'
It's Overhaulin', I think. Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure it's got Chip Foose.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:34   #9 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

http://www.overhaulin.com/

those guys are incredible- they'll have a frame out/powdercoated/rebuilt/back in like 2 days and that Chip Foose sure has an eye for paint ideas...everytime I see that show just cannot believe they can go from rustbucket to top notch show car in only a week. very talented dudes.

pimp my ride guys i think leave a few rough edges- often notice wrinkles in the dashes, etc...still neat stuff, but too unrealistic for me.
Monster Garage started all this car rebuild stuff(I think) but that show has pi$$ed me off- they hacked up a nice BB Elcamino into a circletracker- heck my 8 yr old could have made a piece of junk out of something rare- nothing to be proud of there. I actually wrote the network and bitched about that episode- told them to impress us- let them 'topnotch' put the trashed Elcamino back together- that might impress me, even though I'm not a huge GM fan.
Boyd Coddington chopped up a cherry 29 i think model A- car was mint, trashed everything except the body shell, then cut it all to pcs to make a primered ratrod...another sad episode. why the hell they didnt just pick up a body somewhere I'll never know...so sad to see pcs of history chopped up for no reason. if the car was rusty/already hacked on, no big deal, but trashing a rare car or even just a nice old plain jane car that someone spent years taking care of is just disrespectful to the entire hobby/business in my opinion.
Overhaulin has a lot to be proud of, as they usually start with a car that NEEDS immediate attention, or has languished away for years...the corvette they dug out of that lady's garage where it had been almost abandoned for many years was a great example of showcasing talent- they made one absolutely perfect car out of it, and in doing so, probably insured that at least that car will never see a junkyard- it will be passedthru the family or wind up in a museum somewhere- thats cool.
I agree if its your car, do what you want to it- but if you only want a piece of junk, dont start off with something thats irreplaceable.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub