As long as we're here. Try the following questions and reflect on just stuffed the government schools are (ie, how Politically correct) and how stuffed up our heads are:
Now hold those definitions while you consider that Nazis believed in racial purity and (worse) 'impurity' AND why was that important? They believed their culture/arts/engineering/attitude was the best and other were contemptible.
So they were -all at once-- racist, nationalist, patriotic, AND sectarian since the only ideologue tolerated was the orthodox Nazi ideology (Mein Kampf).
So much for the premise of my post which is that
- I don't tolerate extreme ***** on religious grounds and cultural grounds therefore I am sectarian.
- I don't think they are less intelligent or sub human but I would not tolerate my daughter marrying one of the *****ic extremists since I regard it as a culture with no redeeming quality at all (especially for females) - is this crossing the line from sectarianism to nationalism.
- The next step. I wouldn't tolerate my community having extreme *****ists living peacefully or otherwise in it's midst. No way ever. Have I crossed the line and become a nationalist if I act on my intolerance and fight back to preserve the community/providence I (metaphorically) inherited from the hands of my fathers and their fathers?
- If my democratically elected politicians run with that intolerance too and defend the nation in a war are we all into nationalist ideology that causes war?
- After Sept 11 2001, isn't that where we are?
Its a fine line isn't it.
Peace flowers beads man.
And there are no peace, flowers or beads in Bagdad.