Hands up if you've ever melted a piston - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 15:17   #1 (permalink)
e-mutant extrodinare

Question Hands up if you've ever melted a piston

Hey guys, how's this for a story for yas. I took a roadtrip to Brisbane on Saturday to pick up an XD I bought for $198.50. A bargain, I thought, until the trip home cost me far more than any xd ever should. I was towin the xd on a trailer behind my EF.

It was cruisin nicely, went up over the Gateway bridge without a hassle. Not to long after, I was cruisin smoothly at 80 along the Gateway when I noticed I was losing speed. I put my foot down and it didn't respond, which is odd. I looked at the tacho and noticed there was nothin, the engine had stalled.

I pulled off the side of the motorway, which was real bad, there wasn't enough space for my fally, let alone my trailer!

I popped the bonnet and checked the water, nothin, not a drop. I was real cranky. Rang RACQ, they were tehre within about 10 minutes. While waiting, though, a truck decided he wanted to relocate the tail-light on my trailer.

After towing both falcons home, I took the EF into the mechanic and asked him to have a look. Turned out, I had blown the head, that was the least of my worries. I had also melted the 6th piston.

Turned out to be a bloody expensive XD.

So, my question is, has anyone else done such a wonderful job of destroying an EF 4.0, or any other engine for that matter.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub