Happy easter..........lol - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2004, 23:00   #1 (permalink)
EA Falcon owner

Happy easter..........lol

What a happy easter i have had lol.

bare with me.

on wednesday last week my dad gave my car a service because we were going to toowoomba, he did/checked everything he could think of and we thought it was fine, so i ended up going early with mum in my mum's car, and my sister and dad came up in my car the next day.

well they only just made it, they stopped at ipswich, gatton and withcott because of overheating, if the toowoomba range was 200 meters longer they wouldve have totaly cooked the engine. they finally got up there (the trip took 3 hrs instead of 1 1/2) and pulled up at a set of lights and a guy in annother flacon pulls up beside them "mate your rear brakes are shot".

so that afternoon dad brought some break pads (thats all that it needed) and the next day (saturday) we went with my cousin to his work and he let us use his workshop. so dad got the rear drivers side brakes off and realised that he didnt have the right tools to push the piston back so he could get the pads on (the old ones were worn to almoast bare metal) so we ended up fixing the brakes with what we had (only did the worst ones, dad's gonna take the car into his work and get a proper brake kit through it).

so then dad flushed the radiator out and the alternator light came on when we started the car, so dad had a look and said that it should be ok (first mistake) and we went for a drive to "dry out the engine bay" because he thought it might have just got a bit wet (second mistake).

we got home fine and went out to supercheap and then the shops and the alternator light was still on, dad said he'd check it out when we got back (to where we stayed) with a multimeter, but he forgot (third mistake)

anyway, we went to leave dad and i were in my car (dad drove because ive never driven on the open highway before) and my mum & sis where following us, we got two minutes into the trip home and the radio cut out, i said "don't you think we should stop and check the battery or something" dad misheard me and said "it wont overheat going down the range" lol(third mistake, or is that fourth mistake)

so we got halfway down the range and got a phone call from mum and she said we had no brake or indicator lights, so we stopped at withcott.

the car ran out of battery and dad gave it a jump start and fixed the alternator/battery wires and we decided to go back to toowoomba. we got about 500 meters up the range and got stuck behind a commo, which made the engine hot, so dad switched the second thermo fan on to cool it down (fifth mistake) and the commo pulled over and we gave it some gas, mind you we didnt know the battery would fail (like duh no alternator dad.) and we pulled over.

we drove back to my cousins house and got him to take dad back to the car with a new bettery, he got pulled over for speeding, but was let off with a caution (thank god), and then dad got it back to toowoomba.

the result.

all i have from my car is a F#@ked alternator and flat battery, the rest of the car is in toowoomba still (NOOOOOOO my pride and joy is gone.....for now)

what can we learn from this

1) do the work properly the first time
2) listen to your gut feeling (dad didnt want to drive it up in the first place)
3) dont wet the alternator lol.

sorry about the long thread, it is kind of a warning to others in a way, dont wet the alternator lol.

DAG-Nabit.com
FordLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2004, 00:58   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Happy easter..........lol

Happy Easter!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub