Harder to escape the law in UK - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2001, 21:29   #1 (permalink)

Harder to escape the law in UK

On the basis that if you can't keep up, buy something faster, several UK police forces are evaluating high-performance MG Rovers to catch crooks and speeding drivers.
Traffic cops are currently putting the V6-powered MG ZT saloon and ZT-T estate – capable of 140mph – through their paces to see how well they stand up to police work. An MG spokeswoman claimed that the ZT-Ts are proving particularly popular, due in part to the 1,222-litre load area, capable of swallowing all the police's equipment with ease. Several patrol fleet bosses are said to be finalising orders
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2001, 15:44   #2 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

You see sometimes on english cop programs like the Bill they use crap little hatchbacks. If they are going to use hatchbacks, give them an RS Focus. And if they still are not happy tell them to wait 2 years and give them an AWD cosworth Focus!
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 17:36   #3 (permalink)

While I agree with what you are saying, for the sake of the historic MG brand I hope they do well. They certainly have some very exciting concepts out there
Old 11-28-2001, 22:47   #4 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
While I agree with what you are saying, for the sake of the historic MG brand I hope they do well. They certainly have some very exciting concepts out there
This is good news though, Especially for my dad's mate who was one of the the founders of the MG car club in Geelong. Loves his old MG's and loves to see them do good. I do happen to like some of the news MG's. Was'nt there going to be one with a supercharged mustang v8?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 17:03   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra

This is good news though, Especially for my dad's mate who was one of the the founders of the MG car club in Geelong. Loves his old MG's and loves to see them do good. I do happen to like some of the news MG's. Was'nt there going to be one with a supercharged mustang v8?
I am sure one of the concepts an egine spec like this
Old 12-01-2001, 05:18   #6 (permalink)
Member FP10002

They tend o use the smaller hatchbacks for city/town pursuits, stepping up to Volvo T5s for motorway/faster pursuits and those T5s are *very* fast !! :)
Old 12-02-2001, 16:37   #7 (permalink)
Capri mkIII Member

Don't know how it is for killswitch but up hear in Scotland they have went camera mad , there all over the countryside aswell so nowhere goof to go but there has been a large increase in staged events at airfeilds to thrash the cars on .

Theres a nice one in Crail near St Andrews (yes the golf course)
http://www.crailthrash.co.uk

Check out the TVR speed 6!!!!! don't know which month the pics are in but , I went to church this sunday to ask god for one!!!!!!
28s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 01:09   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by 28s3
Don't know how it is for killswitch but up hear in Scotland they have went camera mad , there all over the countryside aswell so nowhere goof to go but there has been a large increase in staged events at airfeilds to thrash the cars on .

Theres a nice one in Crail near St Andrews (yes the golf course)
http://www.crailthrash.co.uk

Check out the TVR speed 6!!!!! don't know which month the pics are in but , I went to church this sunday to ask god for one!!!!!!
TVR 6 speed. Now there is a car!!!!!!!!!! Hope the big guy grants your wish!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub