Harry Potter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2001, 01:54   #1 (permalink)

Harry Potter

What s the story with this movie. What s it about and is it worth seeing. I seem to recall some fuss about some of its content by some groups but I haven't been paying that much attention!
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2001, 19:35   #2 (permalink)
Morally Bankrupt

It is a children's movie about a boy who does not know he is a wizard. We took my eleven year old and one of his friends to it and I have to admit I liked it too.

I've got a lot of ideas. Trouble is, most of them suck.

A small town is any place too poor to have its own insane asylum.
Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 19:49   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

My little cousins are going nuts about it. Meant to be pretty good..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 21:26   #4 (permalink)
Probe GT Member

I love the books and I loved the movie. I think the books were betteer-but that is the way it usually is. And since I am 21 years old I would say it has major appeal across all ages.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 22:29   #5 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally posted by HSE2
I seem to recall some fuss about some of its content by some groups but I haven't been paying that much attention!
Some religious rabbits here in Melbourne (Australia) are getting a bit of publicity. They reckon it's the devil's work and kids will be turned to the dark side if they see it. Shows what they know about kids. Most of them are little devils anyway.

I'm going to shave my kids' heads and take them to the show. If 666 doesn't appear on their scalps, I guess the churches got it wrong again.
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 22:41   #6 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

A few schools have banned Hary Potter books too.. They reckon it's the work of the devil and such.. They need more fresh air IMO..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 22:56   #7 (permalink)

Re: Re: Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S

Some religious rabbits here in Melbourne (Australia) are getting a bit of publicity. They reckon it's the devil's work and kids will be turned to the dark side if they see it. Shows what they know about kids. Most of them are little devils anyway.

I'm going to shave my kids' heads and take them to the show. If 666 doesn't appear on their scalps, I guess the churches got it wrong again.
Thats what I must be thinking of.
Old 11-26-2001, 22:57   #8 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ford Man
A few schools have banned Hary Potter books too.. They reckon it's the work of the devil and such.. They need more fresh air IMO..
Agreed.

They're about the same mentality as people who banned Noddy and Enid Blyton because they were racist or some crap.

Heard some minister of religion on radio the other night saying Harry Potter was bad because there was magic and fantasy in it and it was very dangerous if people believed things like that. He said people should read the bible instead. Well, there's certainly some competition for Harry Potter there, what with raising the dead and turning water into wine and feeding 40,000 people with a couple of loaves and fishes (a trick Macca's is trying to perfect). Same bloke only reads healthy stuff to his kids, like nature books, and gives them similar movies and TV. Boy, I bet their little eyes light up when Daddy pulls out the old National Geographic instead of Donald Duck, and switches on David Attenborough instead of cartoons. The other kids at school would be riveted next day to hear about the life cycle of the Patagonian tooth fish, not to mention how to make a Tongan nose flute. As the radio bloke said when the interview was finished "That must be a boring household".
EA S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 23:05   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
I love the books and I loved the movie. I think the books were betteer-but that is the way it usually is. And since I am 21 years old I would say it has major appeal across all ages.
Ok I might give it a look
Old 12-01-2001, 17:23   #10 (permalink)
mwild8

:lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by EA S

Agreed.

They're about the same mentality as people who banned Noddy and Enid Blyton because they were racist or some crap.

Heard some minister of religion on radio the other night saying Harry Potter was bad because there was magic and fantasy in it and it was very dangerous if people believed things like that. He said people should read the bible instead. Well, there's certainly some competition for Harry Potter there, what with raising the dead and turning water into wine and feeding 40,000 people with a couple of loaves and fishes (a trick Macca's is trying to perfect). Same bloke only reads healthy stuff to his kids, like nature books, and gives them similar movies and TV. Boy, I bet their little eyes light up when Daddy pulls out the old National Geographic instead of Donald Duck, and switches on David Attenborough instead of cartoons. The other kids at school would be riveted next day to hear about the life cycle of the Patagonian tooth fish, not to mention how to make a Tongan nose flute. As the radio bloke said when the interview was finished "That must be a boring household".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub