has anyone noticed this? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2003, 01:53   #1 (permalink)

Smile has anyone noticed this?

This was a post i made on other forum but i was interested to see what was everyones thoughts were on this point.

On the subject of interiors. I'm looking at $56000 for xr8 on the road with p/sound,side luv bags, rear parking sensors.

The car is fantastic, the dash layout, consol and all controls excellant,but one thing i did notice was the quality of the carpet, the lack of plush velour on the doors and the hard plastic plates on the back of the front seats look cheap.

Now i'm only comparing to past xr models el and au series. My el2 has what looks like a loop type carpet which is also on the doors.Most of the au series i have seen have plush velour on the doors skins and the seat backs are finished with the same upholstery as the rest of the seat.

Now this is only a minor gripe and not really that, just something i've noticed.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing since upgrading from the older models?

Also my wife pointed out that for the 56grand that we will spend on the xr8 we could have a 220kw v8 fairmont ghia with all the trimmings.

Made me think twice, but only for a second
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2003, 02:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: has anyone noticed this?

Quote:
Originally posted by Noddy

Also my wife pointed out that for the 56grand that we will spend on the xr8 we could have a 220kw v8 fairmont ghia with all the trimmings.

Made me think twice, but only for a second
Thats women for ya

ummm... lets see

All the trimmings & 5.4L SOHC 3V 220

or 5.4L DOHC 4V 260

No contest ! For me anyway, a woman may say differently:s5
Fireman Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:17   #3 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Same price, you want loads of power and comfort or you want good power and loads of luxury. You really can't go wrong these days :)
What ever you do, buy the car you can get emotional about regardless of which one it is. IMO I would love a 5.4 Fairmont, however I most probably won't want a XR8 when I'm 50, but I do now. Live life and go with the force Luke.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 02:19   #4 (permalink)

I would be happy with either, but if i wanted a car that was smooth i would go for the Fairmont Ghia with all the BMW classed trimings.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 00:49   #5 (permalink)
falconS

they probably put the plastic plates on the back of the seats to stop the little terrors in the back seats from kicking the crap out of your nice upholstery. seems like a smart idea to me.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:57   #6 (permalink)

falcons, you are probably right. I didn't think of it from that angle,but then i don't have kids.
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub