Have a look at this toy!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2001, 03:53   #1 (permalink)
Shh i'm huntin more power

Have a look at this toy!!

www.gtechpro.com

I used one of these today (the aussie version in KMh) and i was pretty impressed with the way it worked. Acurracy within 2%. I think it would be a better of checking what effect mods have done to your car. You can get em from rare spares for about $380...
Jase_ELXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2001, 14:13   #2 (permalink)

The heart of the G-TECH/Pro is a precision silicon accelerometer. An accelerometer is a sensor that measures
acceleration, also known as G-Force. G-Force is what's keeping you in your seat as you are reading these words and if it
wasn't for the seat you would be accelerating to the ground at 1G (32 feet per second per second).

G-TECH/Pro measures your speed and distance traveled by integrating acceleration over time. Basically, if you know
how fast you are accelerating for a certain time period you'll know how much your speed has changed after that time
period. So, if you start of from zero speed then you'll know what your speed is after every time period. These time
periods are very small (2.5 milliseconds) and that's how G-TECH/Pro maintains its accuracy.

Distance is measured in the same fashion, if you know how fast you are going for a certain time period you will know
what is the distance traveled during that time period.

G-TECH/Pro also measures delivered Horsepower, sometimes called Rear Wheel Horsepower. This horsepower
includes the loss of power through the drivetrain which is usually 10-15%. The formula for Horsepower is speed times
acceleration times the weight of the vehicle.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 14:28   #3 (permalink)

Apparently the AP-22 performance meter is better....

http://www.autospeed.com/cgi-bin/bro...&product=1351&
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 15:30   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

i have heard nothing but complaints on this unit. several guys on my other site have tried and tested it out. i have a good following on the caddy area that have tested the toy seen here.

http://www.race-technology.com/WebPa...eterIntro.html

This thing is way better than the gtech pro

you can read the review here: this guy is a mod on my site and is not affiliated with either product and may still be able to get discounts.

http://www.caddyinfo.com/ap22review.htm
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub