Have a say... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2001, 22:04   #1 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Thumbs up Have a say...

Ok guys. Here's your chance to let the people at Ford know what a great job you think they are doing. This thread will be available for comment until next Wednesday 16th May. Following this I will send all replies on to those who should be hearing them. Remember, positive comments only.

Have a say and make a difference :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2001, 22:28   #2 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Sorry, this is gunna be looong...

As an addition, please don't post crap in this thread. If this is going to Ford, lets look like we know what we're on about. Any useless post will more than likely be edited/removed to keep the thread on course. Lets do this thread right guys... :thumbup:

Me first. The news a few days ago about the 220 synergy going into the XR8 is the best news I've heard from Campbellfield for quite some time. Big thumbs up for that. :thumbup:
I drive an AU S pack every day & I can honestly say I think the car is a fantastic drivers car. Nice and stable on the road with enough go when you need it. It's a manual and I find the gear change to be very sweet. Suspension is firm and has plenty of grip when required.
For improving the Falcon I think the best thing would be to get rid of the horrible arse end (which is happening anyway) and put a decent stereo system into it. I've got the basic stereo (Single CD 100 watt) and while it's not bad, a few minor improvements would make it heaps better. Decent speakers would be a start. Pump up the wattage and your getting close. You get my drift.
Alloy wheels... Don't get me started. Holden design has been killing Ford in the alloy wheel stakes for far too long now. While Ford has dome decent rims (AUII XR, my choice..) the majority are shockers... :eek:
I don't mind the interior of the Falcon at all. It's very user friendly and not too bad on the eye.
That's all I can think of for now, I'll get back to ya if I think of anything more.. :thumbup:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 05-09-2001, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Just remembered...

Tickford/FTE - Lets get for real with these guys. The Tickford wings are the best thing Ford has got going for them at the moment. Why? Because Tickford equals performance and quality. They need the resources to be able to deliver. Look at it this way. The higher Tickford achieves, the better the base falcons are going to be. From what we hear, this is happening and it must not stop. Ever!.
FTE is a mess. The cougar doesn't belong there. It is not a performance car. Tickford equals performance remember. The T-Series is a good concept that needs a bit of work. Maybe a name change for the cars is in order but the basic philosophy is on the money. Lairier "look at me" body kits are also required big time. These must be quality too, not cheap plastic add-ons that fade and fall off after 3 years.
Only cars with blistering performance should be considered for FTE. Focus RS is a good start. Focus Cosworth is ideal. These cars are going to be the ones people aspire to own. Not get laughed at because they own one.
Not only must these cars have outstanding acceleration/braking, they must also be able to take a corner. Something the current cars do with ease. All they need now is the poke to match, which should be coming. :WH:
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
Old 05-10-2001, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Sorry, there seems to be a little bit of confusion about what I am looking for here. What I am after are replies which include comments such as:

1) How much do you love your Ford?
2) How many Ford's have you owned?
3) How much do you like the new We Have Ignition ads?
4) What do you see that is positive for the future of the company?
5) Which race teams/drivers do you admire? Why?
6) Have you got any memorable stories/funny stories about yourself and your Ford?
7) Anything else you see as positive for the Ford Motor Company of Australia.

C'mon... tell me how much you love 'em! :)

Old 05-10-2001, 01:54   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back the 24hr!!!

I admire Dick Johnson because he built up his racing team from the ground up and kept fighting for Ford in the races even though Ford wasn't interested. He was able to homologate the falcon for use in group A instead of the Mighty Sierra but Ford Oz wasn't interested in helping him out so he was forced to use the Mustang, and then the Sierra which he turned into a world beater despite a lack of support.
He flew the Ford flag throughout the 80's and early 90's and built up a succesful racing team and business in the process. And for this I admire him. He's a true battler who fought the odds to become a successful races and household name.
Old 05-10-2001, 03:47   #6 (permalink)
BA XR6T

My AU XR6 is the first NEW car I've bought.

Had plenty of misgivings spending all those hard earned dollars - the usual "you lose $6,000 as soon as you drive out of the showroom", but as soon as I drove the car I LOVED it!

I didn't realize just how good the AU chassis is in comaprision to many other contemporary cars which I drive.

Tasmania has LOTS of great bendy roads and the more I drive my XR the more I like it......

Owned only one Ford prior to the XR - an EF II wagon - a good wagon - could carry half a house in the back!

Ignition ads - these are the only ads about which I've actually heard unsolicited good comments from people I know - keep it up with more of the same.
These ads can only help change the previously rather staid image of Ford in the community to something befitting the Company that builds the only Australian cars!!

It seems that Ford have woken up to the fact that there is a market out there for good looking cars AND high performance cars and are doing something about it.

Race teams: FTR (of course). They haven't had the best of luck but things are looking better for their future and indeed for Ford Racing in general!

I've driven plenty of different cars but what will my next car be? - FORD[B]
Old 05-10-2001, 03:52   #7 (permalink)

Ok I have owned about 5 Fords although my AUXR8 was the first that I bought new. Even to this day it brings a reason to smile to my face, and for me the decision to move on won't be easy. When I bought this car it was largely sight unseen and I loved it the first time I saw it. Could it have been better, absolutely, but for me this was the first serious attempt by Ford at a performance Falcon since the 70s. This was my reason.

There is an air of expectation amongst Ford followers that there is light at the end of the tunnel. The new ads are in my opinion the best that have come out from Ford in the last 15 years so a big well done to the people responsible for them. Like wise, the web site is also a credit to the company.

I have followed motor sport ever since I can remember. Became a fan of Glenn Seton when Moffat retired. His 87 drive across the top of THE mountain is something I will never forget. His failure at the great race when so close had me leaving the house to go for a long walk to get the knot out of my stomach. When he aligned himself with Ford credit and later FTR I was so happy that my favourite drivers merchandise carried the treasured Tickford badge. I don't own too many clothes that don't carry the Ford or Tickford badge. Why is this important to me?. I drive a Tickford car. I will always drive a Tickford car and to see this brand name at the top of the winners list is to me absolutely paramount. One day I will be able to wear all my merchandise and have it recognized as the team to be associated with and the street car to be seen in.

I have no doubt in predicting that the future looks bright because of the leadership that Geoff is showing in the public arena but at the same time I acknowledge that one person alone can't achieve the the necessary objectives to regain the respected No 1 position affords.
In conclusion there is only one car company in the world. It just so happens that the Australian division produces the best Fords in the world.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:31   #8 (permalink)
Mistress Death Metal ;)

Fantastic!

That's what I am looking for. Keep it up. :)

Old 05-10-2001, 04:39   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I think my previous email sums up how I feel about the Ford Motor Company of Australia. Anyone seen my left arm??
Old 05-10-2001, 05:42   #10 (permalink)
GTHO4

I have had a passion for Ford since I was a kid and have owned 11 Fords.
My 1994 ED XR8 was the first new Ford I have bought and still have it today which has never had problems so I am pleased with the quality and reliability of the car Ford has produced.
Since Ford brought back the V8's in 1991 I knew there would be a bright future ahead.
Now with it's new advertising and promising looks and excellent quality in their cars I think it won't be long before Ford will lead the automotive market... excellent job guys!
It is great that Ford Finally has returned to motor racing supporting drivers like Craig Lowdnes and Glen Seton as they show a promising future in motor racing for many years.
I still remember watching Bathurst in 1977 seeing Allan Moffat and Colin Bond coming 1st & 2nd it was a great moment for me and other Ford fans and hope to see that happen again at Bathurst.
Geoff Polites since you took charge you have shown to all of us that you are definately the man for the job in bringing Ford to the top and I have no doubt that the future of Ford is going to be even better.
WELL DONE GEOFF!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub