HELP! : Need remedy for 'Post Hammerage Guilt' - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 14:46   #1 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

HELP! : Need remedy for 'Post Hammerage Guilt'

Hey guys!

I feel I have to tell someone to get this off my shoulders and I'd like to see if anyone else experiences this.

Last night i'm driving round Springvale Rd Melb. in the Futura when this smartarse in a Toyota Echo 'Sportivo' (you know, the ones that have been tarted up like a cheap prosty for an extra few G's) with an aftermarket rice cannon, passes me at about 30 k's over the SPeed limit.. Then we both stop at a Red light.
Now my first reaction was to just leave it be, but then this little rat creeps forward to line up for a drag. Knowing that the big falc would blow him outta the water and to bring him down to earth, Naturally I smoked the shit out of him..........

Thing is, Afterwards I felt soooo guilty and a wave of anxiety spread over me wondering whether or not I should have hammered her like that. I keep worrying that things are going to happen as a result of hammering the car, like oh, an engine blowing up, oil leaks, and smoke blowing, and I feel REALLY guilty cuz the futura's in great condition and I dont wanna be the little shit that causes problems because i have a very heavy foot from time to time...

Does anyone else have this 'post hammerage' attack of the guilts and any remedies for it!??? You will probs think im a crazy bastard but I just had to get it off my chest!! lol

Thankyou Doctor

Cheers,
-XR6child

You know who I am...
-Dan
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2003, 14:58   #2 (permalink)
Mulberry Rain

biggrin Re: HELP! : Need remedy for 'Post Hammerage Guilt'

I too feel guilty after being a little rough on my car :/

I suppose the best thing you can do is buy her a gift for her good work, or give her a polish or do something nice (try to avoid flowers as they will only die in the heat)

Maybe there is something shes wanted for a while?

hehehe
blueraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: HELP! : Need remedy for 'Post Hammerage Guilt'

Well, they way I fugure it virtually everything done by car makers is a bit of a compromise to ensure the car is never stressed, and that includes the red line. So really, even if you redline it once in a while, you are still driving in the tolerances of the car. No need to feel guilty at all.

Oh, and in my case, I have the VCT engine which BEGS to be taken over the 3700 rpm mark (where the cam changes) on a regular basis so I oblige.
And as blueraven said, wash her, clean her and buy her gifts.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 16:07   #4 (permalink)
known as tibbo

i get feel guilty when you pull up at home and the headers creak and crack from being heated up after a little strapping...That noise is a tell tale sign of giving her a hard time.. Oh well like some 'girls' she seems to like it at the time..hahaha
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 16:59   #5 (permalink)
Faster than Zyrtec

hehe, a few infringment notices should fix it! Or perhaps the cost of a new set of tyres ?
dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 21:40   #6 (permalink)

haha why dont you ask your car to marry you
OverDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:23   #7 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

i do too feel guilty sometimes... for example when ive been givin it a hard time all of a sudden ill go easy and shortshift it... i figure a good revin every now and again cleans the cobwebs out..lol

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:34   #8 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

I get the guilts as well, and I start to hear, smell and see bad things that arent there like smoke in the rear view which is just a dirty window or hearing a thump and then having to watch the temp guage like a hawk to make sure it doesnt move.

Today I finally got my XF back from getting the disc brake pads and rotors replaced and after driving mums gutless EA around for a week I was practically sideways at every turn. I even made unnecessary stops to make sure the car could still arc them up and sidestep with no brake at all. Good news, it still can!

I had to make sure the brake people did a proper job didnt I?

Then when i got home my exhaust was making that you pushed me hard again you bastard noise.

Im sorry hon, I really am but I missed you so, so much. lol, no wonder my g/f is jealous of my car.
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 05:48   #9 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

Quote:
I get the guilts as well, and I start to hear, smell and see bad things that arent there like smoke in the rear view which is just a dirty window or hearing a thump and then having to watch the temp guage like a hawk to make sure it doesnt move.
Same here!!! u think up things and ur brain messes with u even tho nothins wrong!!!

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 18:24   #10 (permalink)
Whats traction?

Ahhh yes... I used to be like that.

After a few years of that sort of rubbish you will soon turn to the dark side, which is: drive it as hard as you bloody can/want anytime you want and if something breaks then it was crap and replace it with a decent/better suited part.

Far more costly but it makes driving a lot more fun when you can thrash your car and it survives, then you go harder next time, etc. It is this that has led me to needing most of the running gear rebuilt. After the diff is done the car should be close to bullet proof!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub