Herald Sun - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

The Pub For General Discussion

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2002, 07:16   #1 (permalink)

Herald Sun

In todays Herald Sun (10th may) in the car section on page 77 there is a full page on the EA Falcon that may be worth while reading, also within this page there is 22 points to be checked out in regards to some major problems that could occur.

Cheers

Joe...

Should have mentioned that it is the Melbourne Herald Sun for our interstate Falconians.....
lizzard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2002, 11:16   #2 (permalink)

I read the article this morning. It doesn't tell you anything new, but is probably worth a read for anyone interested in buying an EA-ED Falcon.

Another interesting thing that I picked up on was their story about Commodores VB-VXII. They think the VB, VK and VT Commodores were 'stinkers'. Yet Wheels ran an identical story in the May 02 edition and ranked the VB as the #1 Commodore of all time and put the VT at #4. WTF!

Both publications thought highly of the VL claiming it to be one of the better Commodores. I have to agree, if you look past the shoddy build quality, paintwork and dated interior. The VL has the best engine (and gearbox) to ever go in a Commodore and is still a good looking car, especially the Calais.

Anyway, just my 2c :)

Ash
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 18:53   #3 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

it was funny today I was hanging crap on one of the guys at work that drives a VL while we were looking at that article....then I turn a few pages foward and see a whole page devoted to basically canning the EA Falcon...doh!
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 08:41   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

What I have observed is rivalry between Wheels magazine and the newspaper publications. I'd bet that the caning of the VB Commodore was just to spite Wheels.

Personally, I agree with neither perspective. It was not a bad car, because it brought near-European levels of handling, style and refinement to Australian buyers. It was not a great car, because it was still stuck with the wheezy old 202 Kingswood engine. The Rekord/Commodore that the VB was based on was regarded as a decent but not brilliant car in Europe - and that was when fitted with an engine to match the rest of the package.

As for pages devoted to bagging the EA, we see that everywhere we go. One article dismissed the EA in a line because the 3 speed auto was too inefficient. Firstly it was available in 4 speed and 5 speed forms, and secondly, what used car buyer is looking for mechanical efficiency, rather than dirt cheap parts, etc?

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Pub